Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- A survey by Indeed, on people who had to
work from homedue to the pandemic, showed that 73% miss socialising with their colleagues in person.
- Companies are now forced to set out satellite offices as people need physical sense in some ways.
- “Employees are willing to pay up to $300 or more per month for access (to office space), so there's a demand for space, and to be around people, but not full time,” said
Dan Schawbel, managing partner at Workplace Intelligence.
At Business Insider's Future of Work event, two brilliant minds --
One thing that was clear from their conversation was that there is a lot that people are missing out on now, even when compared to the comfort and convenience they have at home.
“Jobs are going to people now, more than people are going to jobs, but people want access to an office and in one of the findings, which we thought was fascinating was that if an employer doesn't offer access to an office space. Employees are willing to pay up to $300 or more per month for access, so there's a demand for space, and to be around people, but not full time, "
Working from the office matters more to young graduates who want to work in an office around people. “This is because they want the same community that they had in college”, he added. It is a huge difference in both settings of work. In a corporate setting you can walk down the hallway and talk to your colleagues but while working remotely it's not possible.
To this, Nitin pointed out that companies are being forced into a point where they need to kind of set up satellite locations as people need physical sense in some ways. “You need to come into spaces to collaborate, to kind of go better suited to be speaking to a lot of that stuff happening,” said Nitin.
So the reality stands that there will be a mixed workplace ecosystem in days and years to come.
SEE ALSO: Future of Work 2021: Universal pension is a better idea than universal basic income, says India's Chief Economic Advisor
Future of Work 2021: The only way to beat the bots from taking your job is to be more human
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Airtel, Vodafone Idea and Reliance Jio have till October 29 to opt for the AGR dues moratorium
- Nokia launches 'rugged' XR20 smartphone in India, starting at ₹46,999
- Vivo Y3s budget smartphone with HD+ display, 5,000mAh battery launched in India
- Delhi records its first death due to dengue this year
- Your phone may replace your metro card soon — DMRC is planning to introduce NFC payments at entry gates
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons