XLRI students bag domestic and international job offers with salaries over ₹50 lakh
- Top management institute
Xavier School of Management( XLRI) placed all of 359 students within the first two days of campus placements.
- Almost half of the offers bagged by the students were made via pre-placement offers.
- The average salary package increased from ₹22.3 lacs in 2019 to ₹24.3 lacs this year.
- The highest international offer stood at ₹58 lacs from the sales & marketing.
In fact, almost half of the offers bagged by the students were made via PPOs (pre-placement offers).
The average salary package increased from ₹2.2 million in 2019 to ₹2.4 million this year. Banking and financial services turned out to be the highest paymaster — offering domestic salaries as high as ₹5 million.
The highest international offer stood at ₹5.8 million from the sales & marketing domain.
“This year’s placement season has once again witnessed remarkable success in spite of the longish economic slowdown. Top companies coming for recruitment is an affirmation by the industry of the high-standard of management-centric education that we strive for,” said J Christie, Director at XLRI.
Top recruiters — Consulting, Sales & Marketing, BFSI
Wrapping up the recent campus placement season, the B-school attracted most promising job packages from the consulting (26%),, sales and marketing (21%) and BFSI (banking and financial services) at 17%.
“The increase in BFSI hiring can be attributed to a higher number of candidates opting for the finance specialization and a vibrant appreciation for finance in the form of finance associations and an in-house XLRI Student Investment fund,” XLRI said.
Goldman Sachs, Citibank, JP Morgan were some of the top recruiters hiring for finance roles.
Amazon becomes the top recruiter at MDI Gurgaon with a ₹40.5 lakh offer
Recruiters explain why finance MBAs in India are looking beyond investment banking roles— and rightly so
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council