XLRI students bag domestic and international job offers with salaries over ₹50 lakh
- Top management institute
Xavier School of Management( XLRI) placed all of 359 students within the first two days of campus placements.
- Almost half of the offers bagged by the students were made via pre-placement offers.
- The average salary package increased from ₹22.3 lacs in 2019 to ₹24.3 lacs this year.
- The highest international offer stood at ₹58 lacs from the sales & marketing.
In fact, almost half of the offers bagged by the students were made via PPOs (pre-placement offers).
The average salary package increased from ₹2.2 million in 2019 to ₹2.4 million this year. Banking and financial services turned out to be the highest paymaster — offering domestic salaries as high as ₹5 million.
The highest international offer stood at ₹5.8 million from the sales & marketing domain.
“This year’s placement season has once again witnessed remarkable success in spite of the longish economic slowdown. Top companies coming for recruitment is an affirmation by the industry of the high-standard of management-centric education that we strive for,” said J Christie, Director at XLRI.
Top recruiters — Consulting, Sales & Marketing, BFSI
Wrapping up the recent campus placement season, the B-school attracted most promising job packages from the consulting (26%),, sales and marketing (21%) and BFSI (banking and financial services) at 17%.
“The increase in BFSI hiring can be attributed to a higher number of candidates opting for the finance specialization and a vibrant appreciation for finance in the form of finance associations and an in-house XLRI Student Investment fund,” XLRI said.
Amazon becomes the top recruiter at MDI Gurgaon with a ₹40.5 lakh offer
Recruiters explain why finance MBAs in India are looking beyond investment banking roles— and rightly so
Popular on BI
- DGCA slaps ₹10L fine on Go Air for leaving behind 55 passengers at B'luru airport
- Vedanta Q3 net profit drops 41% on higher input costs
- ED attaches 32 properties worth ₹70 crore in fraudulent TDS refund case
- RRR surpasses Cruise’s Top Gun 2 & Spielberg’s The Fabelmans in the top 10 movies of 2022
- Weekend OTTs: Ayushmann Khurrana’s ‘An Action Hero’ to ghost hunts with ‘Lockwood and Co’