This online marketing analytics program from UC Berkeley will give you 75 credits toward a full Master's of Marketing degree for less than $1,000
When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
Marketinganalytics are essential to a company's core business, driving important decisions related to the four P's of marketing: product, price, place, and promotion.
- If you want to learn more about marketing analytics and advance your role in your company without spending thousands of dollars, we recommend the Marketing Analytics MicroMasters Program ($896.40), offered by
UC Berkeleythrough edX.
Marketing comprises everything a company does to attract and retain customers, which includes determining where and when a product is sold, its optimal price, how it's creatively positioned in consumers' minds, and even actual attributes of the product itself.
Behind such important decisions is the quantitative data, which takes skill and practice to analyze.
An MBA or Master's in Marketing degree helps professionals gain a more in-depth understanding of marketing analytics and adds value to their marketing careers. But the degree comes at a cost: top business schools such as those at Columbia, USC, and Vanderbilt charge annual tuition fees of $50,000 to $60,000. Unless you're lucky enough to have your company sponsor your time in school, you're likely to be set back financially.
Online programs are increasingly accepted by students, employers, and schools as legitimate and cost-effective alternatives to traditional academic programs. The Marketing Analytics MicroMasters Program, offered by UC Berkeley through leading
The program is comprised of a series of four courses, each of which takes about five to seven hours per week and four weeks to complete. Completion of all four courses grants two useful benefits:
- A verified certificate that can be shown to future employers and educational programs.
- 75 credits towards a Master's of Marketing degree at Curtin University, a globally-ranked Western Australian university.
As its name suggests, the MicroMasters Program is a mini precursor to a full
Here's what students learn in the Marketing Analytics MicroMasters Program:
- Marketing Measurement Strategy: Best approaches and practices for marketing measurement, including how to use metrics to measure success.
- Price and Promotion Analytics: How to use price and promotion analytics to effectively allocate your marketing budget to maximize profits.
- Competitive Analysis and Market Segmentation: How to analyze your competition and effectively segment your market to improve overall customer satisfaction and company profits.
- Products, Distribution, and Sales: How to identify what your consumers want in a product and the best distribution and sales channels to engage with your chosen markets.
The instructor, Stephan Sorger, guides you through it all and has taught for over a decade at UC Berkeley Extension. He previously led product management and strategy at Oracle and SAP and is the author of two marketing textbooks.
Right now, the full program costs $896.40, or $224.10 per course, a significant discount from traditional grad school marketing programs, which can cost at least $1,000 per credit taken. As with any edX course, you can also audit the courses for free, though you would not receive official recognition or credits for doing so.
According to past students, the program gives back everything you put into it, and then some:
"I am now happily employed and was able to use some of the skills I learned in the class to help make a marketing decision for my company. It was so great to see that the numbers backed up my instincts and made me much more confident when presenting it to the president of the company."
"It is one of the best Marketing classes that I have taken in my academic life. It provided me with a very useful set of tools for the planning, execution, and evaluation of different marketing strategies."
A common complaint about academia is its lack of real-world application. However, the Marketing Analytics MicroMasters Program clearly offers real value for professionals looking to make a measurable impact in their company.
Looking for more e-learning? Here are some of the best online classes you can take
- 6 places to take free and affordable classes online, on everything from programming to photography
- I use Coursera to take all the fun classes I never got to take in college, like the history of modern art — they're completely free and I can work at my own pace
- 10 affordable data science courses and programs you can take online — offered by Harvard, MIT, and companies like IBM, Google, and Amazon
- The best cheap or free online resources to learn a new language
- 12 affordable online courses that could help advance your career, according to a professional career coach
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Delhi Metro launches WhatsApp-based ticketing service on Airport Line
- Fintech unicorn Taxfix lays off 120 employees to cut costs
- Not found sufficient evidence to arrest Brij Bhushan: Delhi Police
- Best Agrolife's Revenue Crosses ₹1,700 Cr., EBITDA Margin Reaches 18%, and 30% Dividend Recommended in FY23
- Four out of 10 Adani group companies report a fall in profit in FY23