Akshay Kumar made more money than Jackie Chan, Will Smith, and even Rafael Nadale last year
- Forbes says Kumar — who is the highest paid Bollywood actor — can command at least $13 million upfront for yet-to-be-released films like Bachan Pandey or “Bell Bottom.”
- The 52-year old actor has beaten many Hollywood stars — Oprah Winfrey, Jackie Chan, Rafal Nadal, Jennifer Lopez, Adam Sandlers among others — with his latest earnings.
- However, Kumar’s earnings fell by $16.5 million in comparison to last year. Kumar managed to earn $65 million and ranked 33rd in the list of top 100 paid celebs.
Forbes says Kumar — who is the highest paid Bollywood actor — can command at least $13 million upfront for yet-to-be-released films like Bachan Pandey or “Bell Bottom.” The 52-year old actor has beaten many Hollywood stars — Oprah Winfrey, Jackie Chan, Rafael Nadal, Jennifer Lopez, Adam Sandlers among others — with his latest earnings.
Source:Forbes celebrity rich list
|Kylie Jenner||1||$590 million|
|Kanye West||2||$170 million|
|Roger Federer||3||$106.3 million|
|Christiano Ronaldo||4||$105 million|
|Lionel Messi||5||$104 million|
|Akshay Kumar||52||$48.5 million|
|Will Smith||69||$44.5 million|
|Jackie Chan||80||$40 million|
|Rafael Nadal||80||$40 million|
However, Kumar’s earnings fell by $16.5 million in comparison to last year. He managed to earn $65 million and ranked 33rd in the list of top 100 paid celebs.
In 2019, Kumar did only four films — Mission Mangal, Good Newwz, Housefull 4, Kesari. However, none of his movies crossed ₹200 crore club. Of these, Mission Mangal was his highest grossing movie with a box office collection of ₹192 crore. Moreover, this year the release of his much awaited film Sooryavanshi was postponed due to coronavirus lockdown.
His upcoming fims include Laxmmi Bomb, Prithviraj and Bunty Aur Babli 2. With film releases paused, Kumar’s earnings are likely to fall more. At the moment, Kumar is prepping for his first television series, Amazon Prime's "The End."
Kylie Jenner — who recently lost her billionaire status in Forbes — is the highest paid celebrity in the world, earning $590 million pre-tax.
SEE ALSO: Abu Dhabi's Mubadala to buy 1.85% stake in Ambani's Jio Platforms for ₹9093.6 crore
Popular on BI
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- ISRO launches India's largest LVM3 rocket from Sriharikota
- RevFin targets financing 20 lakh electric vehicles in next 5 years
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date