Five tech gadgets that will help you get a good night’s sleep
The connection between sleep and technology goes both ways. It’s dangerous and yet helpful.
Ariana Huffington, one of the world’s most influential women also echoes this very sentiment in her book, ‘The
She believes that though the ubiquity of technology and its addictive nature has made it much harder for us to disconnect and go to sleep, the relationship between the two is however not all bad.
Now, it is possible to get the most out of technology, thanks to the horde of products and apps that are designed to help improve our sleep.
And, people are making the most of it. As it turns out, technology is not only making us learn more about themselves but is also playing a part in helping us track our sleep. The numbers are proof. According a 2015 survey by
Thankfully, for us, there are a lot of tech products that are willing to see us off as we set foot for our journey to dreamland.
Here’s listing five of them (
James Proud, the founder and CEO of Hello, the data science and engineering company behind the product claims that this gave them a more complete understanding of how to improve things. He also told Ariana Huffington that the data comes from a bedside orb that monitors the room conditions, a small ‘sleep pill’ that attaches to one’s pillow and lastly, an app for the phone.
5. Fitbit: How could the largest maker of fitness –tracking wristbands stay far behind? The device not only measures the time one spends in bed into three categories- asleep, restless and awake, but it also lets the user set sleep goals and track their sleep history.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry