Three data points that will move Indian markets this week
AdvertisementGlobal markets are off to a jittery start this week. Risk aversion has spiked after the
As the fears of a global recession mount, wary market participants will watch out for data points that may determine the extent of the market sell-off in the days to come.
1. Tuesday: RBI auction
The RBI will auction $5 billion worth of US dollars. The move is expected to release ₹35,000 crore liquidity into the financial system.
The RBI will announce the government borrowing calendar for the first half of the financial year 2019-20. Markets are expecting the government to borrow 55%-60% of the total planned borrowing by September 2019, according to a report by ICICI Bank. Any deviation from this estimate will affect the market mood and affect
3. Thursday: US economic growth data
After the Federal Reserve's move to pause on expected interest rate hikes, markets expect that the American central bank may cut the economic growth estimate for the three months ending December 2018. The earlier estimate was that of a 2.6% growth in gross domestic product.
The next economic crisis is almost here -- will it be worse than 2008?
Popular on BI
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge
- Musk's X testing game streaming, live shopping features
- CBSE opposes PIL in Delhi HC seeking common syllabus across India
- Public food stockholding: India urges WTO members to start text-based talks
- US urges India to cooperate with Canada in Nijjar investigation