COVID-19: Telangana to make a special plan for Bhadradri-Kothagudem, Karimnagar, Khammam, Nalgonda and Suryapet districts
On the direction of Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao, the Chief Secretary held a teleconference with the District Collectors, District Medical and Health Officers (DMHOs) and Superintendents of government general hospitals of
Somesh Kumar reviewed the situation and instructed the Collectors to prepare a plan and pay special attention on control of COVID-19 in the villages and specific areas in the districts where more cases were reported.
AdvertisementHe asked officials to focus on border villages and take preventive measures duly increasing tests.
Health Secretary, S.A.M. Rizvi, Director, Public Health, Dr.
While the number of COVID cases is on decline across the state, some districts bordering
Last week, Rizvi and Srinivasa Rao visited Khammam and Suryapet districts to review the situation. The district officials were asked enforce the ongoing lockdown more strictly to bring down the positivity rate.
According to officials, the border districts are reporting high number of cases than the state average.
The state Cabinet had earlier instructed the Health Secretary and the medical and health officials to visit places like Madhira, Satthupalli, Alampur, Gadwal, Narayanpet, Maktal, Nagarjuna Sagar, Kodad, and Huzurabad which are on state borders and where Corona spread is more to review the situation and take the necessary measures.
AdvertisementKhammam continues to see the second highest number of daily cases in the state after Greater Hyderabad. On June 5, Khammam reported 172 cases, up from 144 the previous day. The daily count in Bhadradri Kothagudem district also went up to 120 from 110 on June 4.
While Telangana's daily positivity rate came down to 1.5 per cent on June 5, these districts continue to report a higher positivity rate.
AdvertisementThe Director of Public Health stated last week that the government may lift the lockdown from June 10 if the positivity rate in the border districts drops below 5 per cent.
These are the changes in India’s vaccine policy that will kick in from June 21
PNB Housing Finance shares hit upper circuit six days in a row, but the potential upside could be limited now
Here’s why fuel prices in India may not come down in a big way — at least not this year
Popular on BI
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders