Delhi News - Delhi Metro complete shutdown till March 31
Delhi Metroand Noida Metro have been suspended due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- The Indian Railways has suspended all passenger trains till March 31, goods trains to continue.
- DMRC will continue to provide maintenance services for the Metro.
Delhi Metro complete shutdown has been announced till March 31 in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak in India. The announcement comes at a time when the country is observing a nationwide Janta Curfew.
“As per the latest decision in the fight against Coronavirus, it has been decided that Metro service will remain completely closed till 31st March 2020,” the DMRC said in a statement.
Earlier, the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) had said that the Delhi Metro would run only in the morning and evening on Monday. Now, it has been confirmed that the metro will be shut down completely till March 31.
The DMRC will only run maintenance activities. The Central Industrial Security Force will continue to provide security to the Metro.
Noida metro also shut down till March 31
In addition to the DMRC, the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) has also announced a complete shutdown of metro services till March 31.
Apart from this, Noida city bus services have also been completely suspended till March 31.
Indian Railways cancels all passenger trains
Earlier today, Indian Railways announced that all passenger trains are being cancelled till March 31. There are currently over 12,500 passenger trains in service in the country.
Trains that are currently in journey will be terminated once they reach their destinations. Passengers who have booked their tickets can get full refunds, and the government is making appropriate arrangements to make the process smooth.See also:
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
Do’s and Don’ts for protection against COVID-19
Popular on BI
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP