Coronavirus: Do’s and Don’ts for protection against COVID-19
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, also sanitise using alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid sharing personal hygiene items like towels, utensils and clothes.
- Seek medical advice in case of fever, cough and if you experience difficulty in breathing
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), coronavirus is a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold. A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
With the deadly disease spreading quickly, here is the list of do’s and don’ts to protect yourself against coronavirus. The list has been compiled with the help of sources from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Indian Health Authorities.
- Wash your hands frequently or keep a sanitiser handy
- Maintain social distancing
“When someone coughs or sneezes they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain viruses. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person coughing has the disease,” according to WHO.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with bare hands
- Cover your nose and mouth while sneezing and coughing
“By following good respiratory hygiene you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19,” says the WHO.
- Seek medical advice in case of fever, cough and difficulty in breathing
- Avoid sharing personal hygiene items
- Keep travel plans to the minimum
- Taking medicine without consulting a practitioner
More information related to coronavirus is available on the WHO and ministry of health website.
Popular on BI
- Chennai MeT predicts moderate rainfall, thunderstorms in 10 districts of Tamil Nadu
- ISRO moves Chandrayaan-3 propulsion module to orbit around Earth in unique experiment
- Rain, gusty winds as Cyclone 'Michaung' to make landfall in Andhra Pradesh today
- The brains behind India’s burgeoning beauty industry
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!