Delhi imposes Section 144 till March 31 to control Coronavirus outbreak
DelhiGovernment has imposed Section 144 to control the spread of Coronavirus outbreak.
- Section 144 has been imposed in the national capital from March 22 to March 31.
- Delhi Metro will be shut down till March 31 to control the Coronavirus outbreak.
The Delhi Government has today imposed Section 144 of CrPC in the National Capital with effect from 9 pm on March 22 to March 31 to control the spread of the Coronavirus outbreak in the national capital. This section prohibits the assembly of more than four people in an area.
"The order will come into force with effect from 9pm on March 22 and will remain valid upto 12 midnight of March 31." said the order by the Delhi government.
Delhi Metro to be shutdown till March 31
To control the spread of Coronavirus, the Delhi Metro will also be shut down till March 31. In a statement, the DMRC said, "As per the latest decision in the fight against coronavirus, it has been decided that metro services will remain completely closed till March 31, 2020."
75 districts under lockdown
The government is also putting districts that have been affected by Coronavirus under lockdown. So far, 75 districts have been put under complete lockdown in the country. Only essential services will be allowed to operate till March 31 in these areas
So far, there have been 341 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the country and 7 people have succumbed to the deadly disease.
India is currently observing the Janata Curfew that was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Section 144 imposed in Maharashtra, Janata curfew extended till Monday morning
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
Popular on BI
- Astronomers find planet that seems too humongous to be orbiting its parent star!
- Penguins employ thousands of microsleeps to achieve 11 hours' slumber daily!
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states