Section 144 imposed in Maharashtra, Janata curfew extended till Monday morning
Maharashtragovernment has extended the Janata Curfew in the state till Monday morning.
- The state government has also imposed
Section 144of CrPC in the state to control the Coronavirus outbreak.
Maharashtra Chief Minister
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, announcing the extension of lockdown in the state said, "I would like to request everyone to continue Janata Curfew till tomorrow morning."
While announcing the imposition of Section 144, the CM added, "Number of cases has increased considerably. I have no option left but to apply Section 144 in Maharashtra."
75 districts under lockdown
The government is also putting districts that have been affected by Coronavirus under lockdown. So far, 75 districts have been put under complete lockdown in the country. Only essential services will be allowed to operate till March 31 in these areas.
So far, there have been 341 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the country and 7 people have succumbed to the deadly disease.
India is currently observing the Janata Curfew that was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
India Helpline number for Coronavirus cases
Popular on BI
- Akasa Air takes to the skies, flagged off by Civil aviation minister
- As FIIs come back, India's forex reserves rise by $2.4 bn
- Markets to keep a close watch on US and Indian inflation data
- Demand for tablets drops as online schooling ends
- Reliance Industries will be hosting its 45th AGM this month — all your need to know