Section 144 imposed in Maharashtra, Janata curfew extended till Monday morning
Maharashtragovernment has extended the Janata Curfew in the state till Monday morning.
- The state government has also imposed
Section 144of CrPC in the state to control the Coronavirus outbreak.
Maharashtra Chief Minister
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, announcing the extension of lockdown in the state said, "I would like to request everyone to continue Janata Curfew till tomorrow morning."
While announcing the imposition of Section 144, the CM added, "Number of cases has increased considerably. I have no option left but to apply Section 144 in Maharashtra."
75 districts under lockdown
The government is also putting districts that have been affected by Coronavirus under lockdown. So far, 75 districts have been put under complete lockdown in the country. Only essential services will be allowed to operate till March 31 in these areas.
So far, there have been 341 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the country and 7 people have succumbed to the deadly disease.
India is currently observing the Janata Curfew that was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
India Helpline number for Coronavirus cases
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns