Droupadi Murmu takes oath as 15th President of India
Chief Justice of India N.V. Ramana administered the oath of office to
She is scheduled to deliver an address later.
Before leaving for the swearing-in ceremony, Murmu reached the Rashtrapati Bhavan, her home and office for the next five years, where she was welcomed by Kovind and his wife Savita.
The outgoing President had then escorted Murmu to the Presidential study for a brief meeting.
Earlier in the morning, Murmu paid tributes to the father of nation
Zomato tanks 14% wiping out ₹1,000 crore investor wealth – here’s what is happening
Infosys reports a sequential decline in net profit, but increases revenue & margin guidance for FY23
Popular on BI
- Towards a brighter tomorrow: India's G20 Presidency and the dawn of a new multilateralism
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December