India Coronavirus death toll rises to 6 as Bihar reports its first death
- A 38-year-old man has died due to
coronavirusin Bihar, taking the national death toll to 6.
- Bihar also reported a infected patient who is undergoing treatment.
India reported two coronavirus deaths within a few hours, taking the death toll to 6. Bihar reported its first death on Sunday, in the first case in the eastern state.
Bihar officials have reported that one person has died, and another has tested positive for coronavirus in the state.
Dr Pradeep Das, Director, Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences, said, “A 38-year-old man, who had come back from Qatar, has died of Covid-19.”
The Bihar patient, identified as Saif Ali, a resident of Munger who works in Qatar. He was admitted to AIIMS, Patna, where he succumbed to the virus. As per an ANI report, the patient had returned from Kolkata two days ago and died due to kidney failure.
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
India Helpline number for Coronavirus cases
Popular on BI
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds