Section 144 imposed in New Delhi district ahead of Cong protest
The party has decided to stage a pan-India protest on Friday and hold a demonstration outside the residences of Prime Minister
Despite no permission from the Delhi Police, the party leaders said that they will go ahead with their proposed protest march.
Meanwhile, the party workers have started reaching the Congress headquarters at 24, Akbar Road in Delhi. The police have also maintained a strict vigil and have barricaded the road outside the party headquarters.
As per latest reports, hundreds of workers are currently present inside the Congress headquarters.
SEE ALSO :
Markets hold their breath ahead of the monetary policy today
One in eight patients develop long Covid symptoms says Lancet study
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Mutual funds tank up on financial services and retail stocks
- Smoking, alcohol and obesity caused 4.4 mn cancer deaths in 2019: Lancet
- Nifty Bank index up over 11% so far this year, BoB outperforms index
- There is a breather from record high inflation, but still above tolerance band: RBI
- Zomato’s quick commerce app Blinkit to deliver printouts at your doorsteps in 11 Minutes