Indians are willing to give up 10% of salary for job security
- As unemployment crisis deepens in India, more working professionals seek
job securityfrom their employers.
- As much as 52% of the workforce is willing to forfeit over 10% of their salary, to have job security, according to a Randstad report.
- According to the findings from Universum India Talent Survey 2019, work-life balance and international exposure have been key factors driving Indian professionals to land a job.
Over half which is 52% of the working population is willing to forfeit over 10% of their salary to have job security, according to a report titled “Randstad Employer Brand Research(REBR) 2019” by Randstad India.
Salary and employee benefits remain top concerns of the workforce.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
Job security is also the key to employee retention. Nearly 45% of respondents said that job security is a key aspect while deciding whether to stay on with their current employer. Also, female employees attributed more importance to healthy work-life balance, as compared to their male counterparts.
Of late, Indian employees are prioritising work-life balance, international exposure and job security while considering a job, according to the findings of Universum India Talent Survey 2019.
This comes in the back of another report that revealed that more of India’s educated millenials are transitioning from private sector to government job prospects, for the sake of job security and dignity.
“The emergence of career progression as a key ‘stay or leave’ attribute is testament to the fact that even in a digital first world, employees would prefer to work for a company that offers a clear pathway of growth,” said Paul Dupuis, MD & CEO Randstad India.
In general, nearly 23% of employees in India are open to a security versus compensation trade-off.
As unemployment swells in India, educated millennials favour government jobs
Nearly 400 government jobs likely for domain experts from the private sector
Financial services sector to add 47,800 new jobs — Delhi, Mumbai top locations
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar