NikkieTutorials gave more detail on her 'Ellen' appearance, saying she didn't even get her own toilet because it was reserved for the Jonas Brothers
- YouTuber NikkieTutorials, real name Nikkie de Jager, has spoken out again about how she was treated on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
- According to Pop Crave, she told Dutch magazine &C that she was greeted by an angry, overworked intern and then not given the same VIP treatment as the other guests.
- She said she wasn't allowed to use the toilet closest to her because it was "reserved for the Jonas Brothers."
- De Jager appeared on the show in January after she came out as transgender in an emotional video.
- In a subsequent interview with a Dutch talk show, she suggested DeGeneres was "cold and distant" when the cameras were turned off.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
YouTuber NikkieTutorials has revealed more about her experience on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in a recent interview, according to Pop Crave.
NikkieTutorials, whose real name is Nikkie De Jager, appeared on the show in January after she came out as transgender to her 13 million subscribers in an emotional video.
De Jager reportedly told &C Magazine that the friendly, welcoming atmosphere you see when watching "Ellen" isn't the reality in the studio.
—Pop Crave (@PopCrave) April 16, 2020
"Maybe I'm being naive, but I expected them to welcome me with confetti: 'Welcome to The Ellen DeGeneres Show!' she said in the interview seen by Pop Crave. "But instead I got greeted by an angry intern, who was a bit overworked. I expected a Disney show, but I got a 'Teletubbies' after dark."
She added she didn't receive the same VIP treatment as other celebrity guests.
"Every guest at Ellen had a private toilet, but I didn't," she said. "I couldn't even use the closest toilet to me because it was reserved for the Jonas Brothers."
This was strange, she said, because her videos got a lot more views on YouTube than theirs did.
"They were allowed, but I wasn't," she said, "My interview got eight million views, while theirs only got two million. Ha!"
De Jager said the interview was a "good summary" of her story, but her loyal fans "expected more."
"I should've just went on 'Eva Jinek,' I thought to myself," she said.
Vers van de pers: in het hagelnieuwe nummer van &C met als thema ‘Laat je niet gek maken’ vertelt @nikkietutorials over de nasleep van haar coming-out. In het grote interview heeft ze het samen met @chantaljanzen.official over hoe zij hun hoofd koel houden, ook nu. Het songfestival, dat Nikkie voor online en Chantal voor tv zou presenteren, werd afgelast. Dat was voor Chantal geen grote shock: ‘Je kunt gewoon geen feest geven terwijl de wereld in brand staat’. Wie zich nog meer niet gek laten maken? @jaimievaes, @shellysterk, @bibibreijman, @kimkotter en @sannyzoektgeluk. Zij vertellen in &C hoe ze omgaan met de mening van de ‘moedermaffia’ op social media. Verder heeft @mrsjamieli het over haar uiterlijk: ‘Ik vind mezelf zonder make-up een graftak.’ en Carolien Borgers vertelt waarom ze haar scheermesje links laat liggen. • • • Benieuwd wat er deze maand nog meer te lezen is in &C? Lees meer via de link in bio of koop hem vanaf morgen in de winkel. Ben je abonnee? Jij kan ‘m vanaf vandaag al lezen. #andc #linkinbio #chantaljanzen #nikkietutorials
De Jager spoke about her "Ellen" experience shortly after her appearance on a Dutch talk show. She suggested DeGeneres was "cold and distant" when the cameras were turned off.
"Let me say that there's a big difference between this show and Ellen DeGeneres, and I'm saying that in favor of this show," de Jager said, according to a translation by YouTuber tea account Sebastian Williams. "It's nice that you say 'hi' before the show. She didn't."
She added it was a "huge honor" to be on stage with DeGeneres, "but it wasn't as nice as I thought."
The comments towards DeGeneres and the show come amid criticism of the host who was recently dubbed "notoriously one of the meanest people alive" in a Twitter thread that got nearly 2,000 responses.
She is also facing backlash for comparing self-isolation to being in prison, and for bad communication with her staff over their pay during lockdown.
Insider has contacted Warner Bros. TV and representatives for DeGeneres for comment.
Ellen DeGeneres is facing backlash after comparing self-isolating in her mansion to being in prison
People are calling out Ellen DeGeneres for sitting next to former president George W. Bush at a football game
Ellen DeGeneres has defended her friendship with George W. Bush: 'I'm friends with a lot of people who don't share the same beliefs that I have'
People are calling Ellen DeGeneres a hypocrite after comments she made about Trump 2 years ago resurfaced amid backlash about her friendship with George W. Bush
Ellen DeGeneres is trying to block a video slamming her controversial friendship with George W. Bush, but it's gone viralRead the original article on Insider
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- Learning curve: Edtechs at a crossroad
- Stock markets flat in early trade: HAL, Kotak Bank in focus
- Top 5 places to visit in Goa
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced