NikkieTutorials gave more detail on her 'Ellen' appearance, saying she didn't even get her own toilet because it was reserved for the Jonas Brothers
- YouTuber NikkieTutorials, real name Nikkie de Jager, has spoken out again about how she was treated on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
- According to Pop Crave, she told Dutch magazine &C that she was greeted by an angry, overworked intern and then not given the same VIP treatment as the other guests.
- She said she wasn't allowed to use the toilet closest to her because it was "reserved for the Jonas Brothers."
- De Jager appeared on the show in January after she came out as transgender in an emotional video.
- In a subsequent interview with a Dutch talk show, she suggested DeGeneres was "cold and distant" when the cameras were turned off.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
YouTuber NikkieTutorials has revealed more about her experience on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in a recent interview, according to Pop Crave.
De Jager reportedly told &C Magazine that the friendly, welcoming atmosphere you see when watching "Ellen" isn't the reality in the studio.
—Pop Crave (@PopCrave) April 16, 2020
"Maybe I'm being naive, but I expected them to welcome me with confetti: 'Welcome to The Ellen DeGeneres Show!' she said in the interview seen by Pop Crave. "But instead I got greeted by an angry intern, who was a bit overworked. I expected a Disney show, but I got a 'Teletubbies' after dark."
She added she didn't receive the same VIP treatment as other celebrity guests.
"Every guest at Ellen had a private toilet, but I didn't," she said. "I couldn't even use the closest toilet to me because it was reserved for the Jonas Brothers."
This was strange, she said, because her videos got a lot more views on YouTube than theirs did.
"They were allowed, but I wasn't," she said, "My interview got eight million views, while theirs only got two million. Ha!"
De Jager said the interview was a "good summary" of her story, but her loyal fans "expected more."
"I should've just went on 'Eva Jinek,' I thought to myself," she said.
Vers van de pers: in het hagelnieuwe nummer van &C met als thema ‘Laat je niet gek maken’ vertelt @nikkietutorials over de nasleep van haar coming-out. In het grote interview heeft ze het samen met @chantaljanzen.official over hoe zij hun hoofd koel houden, ook nu. Het songfestival, dat Nikkie voor online en Chantal voor tv zou presenteren, werd afgelast. Dat was voor Chantal geen grote shock: ‘Je kunt gewoon geen feest geven terwijl de wereld in brand staat’. Wie zich nog meer niet gek laten maken? @jaimievaes, @shellysterk, @bibibreijman, @kimkotter en @sannyzoektgeluk. Zij vertellen in &C hoe ze omgaan met de mening van de ‘moedermaffia’ op social media. Verder heeft @mrsjamieli het over haar uiterlijk: ‘Ik vind mezelf zonder make-up een graftak.’ en Carolien Borgers vertelt waarom ze haar scheermesje links laat liggen. • • • Benieuwd wat er deze maand nog meer te lezen is in &C? Lees meer via de link in bio of koop hem vanaf morgen in de winkel. Ben je abonnee? Jij kan ‘m vanaf vandaag al lezen. #andc #linkinbio #chantaljanzen #nikkietutorials
De Jager spoke about her "Ellen" experience shortly after her appearance on a Dutch talk show. She suggested DeGeneres was "cold and distant" when the cameras were turned off.
"Let me say that there's a big difference between this show and Ellen DeGeneres, and I'm saying that in favor of this show," de Jager said, according to a translation by YouTuber tea account Sebastian Williams. "It's nice that you say 'hi' before the show. She didn't."
She added it was a "huge honor" to be on stage with DeGeneres, "but it wasn't as nice as I thought."
The comments towards DeGeneres and the show come amid criticism of the host who was recently dubbed "notoriously one of the meanest people alive" in a Twitter thread that got nearly 2,000 responses.
Insider has contacted Warner Bros. TV and representatives for DeGeneres for comment.
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India
- Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Mumbai among top-20 cities in Asia-Pacific for sustainable commercial real estate
- Sensex gains 327 points on firm global markets and buying in index majors