Elon Musk's water filters for schools in Flint are almost ready
Elon Muskdonated $480,000 in 2018 to fund new filtration systems for schools in Flint, Michigan.
- Three years later, the filters are in the final stages of testing before they're ready for use.
Waterin Flint was contaminated with lead in 2014 and was fixed by 2019.
Elon Musk donated $480,000 in 2018 to fund new filtration systems for schools and administrative buildings in Flint, Michigan. Almost three years later, they're in the final stages of production, flint beat reports.
Laura Sullivan, a mechanical engineer from Kettering University, gave an update on the project at a recent school board meeting, the website reported. The next step is to connect the filters to the district's plumbing and test the water coming out of the fountains for lead and other bacteria.
Flint has struggled with toxic contamination since 2014 when the city switched its water supply from Lake Huron to the Flint River in an attempt to save $12 million annually. Water from the Flint River began eating away at the pipes causing catastrophic levels of lead to enter the water, making people sick.
The level of lead in the
Helping provide clean drinking water isn't the only side project that Musk has taken on aside from his duties at SpaceX and Tesla. In addition to his clean energy goals. Musk has also voiced ideas about ways to solve the housing crisis, build tunnels underground to fix gridlock traffic, help those affected by California wildfires, and more.
- Slice payments app spies on photos, audio records and call history, says Google
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Tesla is laying off workers who only just started and withdrawing employment offers as Elon Musk's job cuts begin
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India