Microsoft logs slowest quarter growth in 6 years, PC sales nosedive
Revenue was $52.7 billion and increased 2 per cent while net income was $16.4 billion, which decreased 12 per cent for the quarter that ended December 31.
Revenue in the 'More
Microsoft Chairman and CEO
"We are committed to helping our customers use our platforms and tools to do more with less today and innovate for the future in the new era of AI," said Nadella.
Microsoft has made a "multiyear, multibillion-dollar" investment in ChatGPT developer OpenAI.
Last week, the company said it will begin integrating ChatGPT into its Azure cloud services offerings.
"We are focused on operational excellence as we continue to invest to drive growth. Microsoft Cloud revenue was $27.1 billion, up 22 per cent year-over-year as our commercial offerings continue to drive value for our customers," said
While LinkedIn revenue increased 10 per cent, Search and news advertising revenue excluding traffic acquisition costs increased 10 per cent in the quarter.
Healthtech unicorn Innovaccer lays off 245 workers, 2nd job cut in 5 months
Airtel price hike announced – customers will have to pay 57% more for the telco’s cheapest plan
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- I'm a software engineer who struggled with procrastination until I tried 'monk mode' — here's how it saves me up to 3 hours a day
- Digitalisation, credit growth, government policies to drive MSME growth, say experts
- Vaccination halves risk of long Covid says US based study
- Here’s how to use Bing’s free Image Creator to generate AI images for free
- Back to the Moon: Space lawyer & planetary scientist tells us what it takes to share the benefits of lunar exploration
- Neal Mohan, Kalpesh Parmar & other Indian-origin CEOs heading global companies