India’s mutual fund industry gets its hands on blockbuster IPOs like Paras Defence and others for ₹1500 crore in September
- Shares of blockbuster IPOs like Paras Defence and Space Technologies, Ami Organics have been picked by the mutual fund industry in huge amounts in September.
- This comes in line with the industry’s growing equity inflows and record SIP contribution every month.
- As of September, the average asset under management of the MF industry stood at ₹37 trillion.
AdvertisementThe ₹37 trillion mutual fund (MF) industry has together invested about ₹15.89 billion in five newly listed IPO shares in September.
IPO craze is not just limited to retail investors but also the mutual fund industry who have invested in many recently listed IPOs including blockbusters like Paras Defence and Space Technologies.
Nine asset management companies (AMCs) hold shares of diagnostic lab chain Vijaya Diagnostic Centre worth ₹823 crore.
Here are new IPO stocks added by mutual funds in September 2021
|Company||Market value (₹ crore)|
|Vijaya Diagnostic Centre||823.45|
|Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC||374.95|
|Paras Defence and Space Technologies||19.25|
Among these, Paras Defence and Space Technologies is one of the blockbuster IPOs in history as the stock opened at 171% premium on the listing day. Moreover, the stock has given 121% additional returns post listing.
Mutual fund industry’s aggressive buying can be attributed to positive equity inflows especially those through SIP every month. In September, SIP inflows hit an all time-high as inflows crossed ₹10,000 crore for the first time in a month
This resulted in the overall mutual funds industry's assets under management rising to nearly ₹37 lakh crore in September, registering an over 33% growth compared to the year-ago period, showed AMFI data.
Robust buying across sectors and stocks giving significant returns has led to benchmark indices Nifty 50 and Sensex gaining nearly 30% returns in 2021 so far, becoming the top performers among other Asian equity markets.
SEE ALSO: Reliance Jio’s September earnings to be driven by aggressive subscriber additions
With ScoopWhoop and POPxo on its side, here’s what MyGlamm intends to do
AdvertisementTesla urges Indian government to slash import taxes, requests a meeting between Elon Musk and Prime Minister Modi
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala