Earth’s Black Box will record every conversation and step taken on climate change for future generations to see
Earth's Black Box
black boxis being built in Australia that will record every conversation and step taken towards climate change. Earth’s Black Boxwill have storage drives inside that have a capacity of up to 50 years.
- The idea behind this is for future generations to know what transpired in our journey towards a climate catastrophe.
“Earth’s Black Box” will record every conversation that’s made towards climate change for future generations to see what actions we took, and how it led to the “demise of the planet”, according to a report by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. The purpose behind this is to let future generations know what happened, and also to urge people to take immediate action. The company behind this project is Clemenger BBDO along with researchers from the
It will be made with 3-inch thick steel and covered with solar panels, and it will be built on Tasmania’s west coast. Given the area’s geopolitical and geological stability, the black box should survive in case something catastrophic happens.
The black box will be around the size of a city-bus, and inside there will be storage drives that record climate change conversations and also atmospheric carbon dioxide levels and average temperatures. The storage drives inside Earth’s Black Box are designed to last for around 30 to 50 years.
We can’t say whether this black box will actually help in preventing a major climate change catastrophe but it’s already started recording data, and there’s a dedicated website for Earth’s Black Box where it’s currently in beta where we can view recorded data of tweets, videos and articles related to climate change.
AdvertisementClimate change is expanding the earth's lower atmosphere and it's not a good sign
Australian banks and insurers have signed a $174 trillion COP26 climate pledge, but critics say it doesn’t go hard enough
Popular on BI
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter
- Reliance Jio is making the most money it has ever made from its subscribers
- Twitter’s long-awaited hexagonal profile pictures that give bragging rights to NFT HOLDers is here — but not everyone loves it
- IIT-Bombay’s annual socio-weekend to start from January 22