25,703 people living with HIV in Assam: ASACS
The HIV prevalence rate in Assam is 0.09 per cent, lower than the national prevalence rate of 0.21 per cent, the ASACS said in a release, quoting the NACO HIV Estimation Report 2021, on the occasion of
The total number of people alive by taking AntiRetroviral therapy (
Regarding the route of transmission in Assam, 81.63 per cent is through sex between heterosexuals, 5.54 per cent is through HIV-infected syringe and needles, parent to child is 4.76 per cent, homosexual route is 4.61 per cent, 0.85 per cent through blood transfusions and 2.61 is not specified, it said.
ASACS has undertaken various activities to create awareness by disseminating HIV messages in mass media (print and electronic), outdoor media (hoardings, bus and train panelling), folk media, social media (facebook, twitter, instagram), activities during festivals, events and HIV awareness in colleges through
On the occasion of World AIDS Day, the state Health department will organise a central function at the Gauhati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) where Minister for Health and Family Welfare Keshab Mahanta will launch ten Opioid Substitution Therapy (OPD-OST) Dispensing Centres for district hospitals across Assam.
A rally was also flagged off at GMCH auditorium complex by renowned swimmer Elvis Ali Hazarika with students from colleges and various institutions, NGOs and other stakeholders participating.
World AIDS Day is being observed in all districts across Assam with rallies, public meetings and various other activities.
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media