ABHA — features, benefits and how to apply for Ayushman Bharat Health Account
Ayushman Bharat Health Account( ABHA) is a health ID developed by the Indian government.
- This will allow you to easily share your health data such as health records and diagnostic records with healthcare providers.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the benefits of ABHA and how to apply for ABHA.
AdvertisementThe Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA), which was earlier known as
This was launched by the National Health Authority (NHA), which is part of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. As per the government, ABHA is the “first step towards creating safer and efficient digital health records for you and your family.”
What is ABHA?
ABHA is a unique health ID that uses a 14-digit identification number and can be generated using an Aadhaar card or your mobile number. It allows users to share their health records digitally with hospitals, clinics, insurance providers and others.
Citizens can create their unique ABHA without any cost.
What are the benefits of ABHA?
The benefits of ABHA are as follows –
- You can access all your medical records such as lab reports, prescriptions and diagnoses on the platform.
- You can use the platform to easily share your medical records with hospitals, clinics and insurance providers.
- This will make it easier for you to present your medical records even if you are in a different city or state.
How to apply for ABHA?
You have the option to generate your ABHA using your Aadhaar card, Driving license or using your mobile number.
Let’s take the example of using your Aadhaar card.
- To begin, go to the ABHA website.
- Click on “Create your ABHA now”.
- Then, click on “Generate via Aadhaar”.
- Now, enter your Aadhaar number or Virtual ID.
- Scroll down and click on “I agree” and complete the captcha below.
- Then, click on “Submit”.
- Enter the OTP that you have received on your smartphone and click on “Submit”.
- Now, enter your mobile number and click on “Submit”.
- Then, you will be shown the details that have been fetched using your Aadhaar card.
- Verify the details and click on “Submit”.
- You will also have the option to create an ABHA address that is similar to an email ID.
- Once you have done this, you will be able to download your ABHA card.
Wholesale inflation in India is now near the same level as it was during the 1991 economic crisis
Elon Musk says Twitter board members, who receive $3 million collectively, will not be paid if he buys the company
Elon Musk, the world's richest person, says he doesn't own a home right now and rotates around friends' spare rooms
Popular on BI
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- Serum Institute of India, BYJU’S, Ola, OYO among top 10 valuable unlisted companies
- Top 10 companies in India with the highest revenue in 2022, according to Hurun
- Special winter diet at UP zoos: Kheer with jaggery for bears, chimpanzees and ostriches on boiled eggs