Coronavirus hits Hyderabad’s IT hub, Raheja Mindspace tech park evacuated
- A DSM employee in Hyderabad has tested positive for
- Building 20 of Raheja Mindspace has been evacuated.
- Several companies have asked their employees to work from home from tomorrow.
AdvertisementTech majors like Amazon, Facebook, Qualcomm, IBM and more who have offices at Raheja Mindspace in Hyderabad went into a panic mode, and sent their employees home amidst a Coronavirus scare. An employee from one of the companies DSM has tested positive to the deathly disease, which led to fear and shutdown of a building on the property.
The infected patient employee is currently in the isolation ward at the state-run Gandhi hospital. DSM, a Dutch multinational company, operates out of building 20 in Raheja Mindspace. Employees working in building 20 have been evacuated and asked to work from home for the rest of the day. Employees in other buildings continue to work as usual.
“We would like to inform you that one of our DSM colleagues in our Hyderabad office at Mindspace building has been diagnosed with Coronavirus (Covid-19),” DSM said, confirming reports.
In an official email sent out to its employees in Hyderabad, DSM said that it has closed its buildings in Mindspace and Brightspace for cleaning purposes. In addition to this, the DSM employee had reportedly attended meetings after reaching Hyderabad. Doctors are suggesting that the entire team should be quarantined to prevent any spread of coronavirus.
Second confirmed case of coronavirus in Hyderabad
The DSM employee who has been confirmed for coronavirus is the second case in Hyderabad. Earlier, a Bengaluru-based techie who travelled to Italy tested positive and is also quarantined at Gandhi hospital.
According to information obtained by Business Insider, an Intel employee has voluntarily quarantined himself due to coronavirus concerns. According to our sources, the Bengaluru techie who was confirmed earlier was the flatmate of this Intel employee. We are reaching out to the affected person to confirm this information.
Amazon asks its employees to work from home from tomorrow
An Amazon employee has also confirmed to us that the company has asked its employees to work from home from tomorrow until further notice. The company has known to have taken this decision as a precautionary measure.
Narendra Modi cancels his Holi party amid Coronavirus scare in Delhi
One Intel employee potentially exposed to coronavirus, under quarantine
Popular on BI
- Best ad-free games for iPhones
- Jeep Meridian SUV launched in India – price, features and everything you need to know
- Navjot Singh Sidhu’s road rage case — looking back at the 34 year old timeline
- TCS, Wipro & Infosys saw a massive selloff after Walmart & Target’s revenues fell — explaining the domino effect
- Flipkart claims to be the second biggest ‘buy now, pay later’ player ahead of Paytm, Amazon