Coronavirus hits Hyderabad’s IT hub, Raheja Mindspace tech park evacuated
- A DSM employee in Hyderabad has tested positive for
- Building 20 of Raheja Mindspace has been evacuated.
- Several companies have asked their employees to work from home from tomorrow.
The infected patient employee is currently in the isolation ward at the state-run Gandhi hospital. DSM, a Dutch multinational company, operates out of building 20 in Raheja Mindspace. Employees working in building 20 have been evacuated and asked to work from home for the rest of the day. Employees in other buildings continue to work as usual.
“We would like to inform you that one of our DSM colleagues in our Hyderabad office at Mindspace building has been diagnosed with Coronavirus (Covid-19),” DSM said, confirming reports.
In an official email sent out to its employees in Hyderabad, DSM said that it has closed its buildings in Mindspace and Brightspace for cleaning purposes. In addition to this, the DSM employee had reportedly attended meetings after reaching Hyderabad. Doctors are suggesting that the entire team should be quarantined to prevent any spread of coronavirus.
Second confirmed case of coronavirus in Hyderabad
The DSM employee who has been confirmed for coronavirus is the second case in Hyderabad. Earlier, a Bengaluru-based techie who travelled to Italy tested positive and is also quarantined at Gandhi hospital.
According to information obtained by Business Insider, an Intel employee has voluntarily quarantined himself due to coronavirus concerns. According to our sources, the Bengaluru techie who was confirmed earlier was the flatmate of this Intel employee. We are reaching out to the affected person to confirm this information.
Amazon asks its employees to work from home from tomorrow
An Amazon employee has also confirmed to us that the company has asked its employees to work from home from tomorrow until further notice. The company has known to have taken this decision as a precautionary measure.
Narendra Modi cancels his Holi party amid Coronavirus scare in Delhi
One Intel employee potentially exposed to coronavirus, under quarantine
- Indonesia records single-day high in new cases
- Researchers at IIT-Hyderabad develop low-cost test kit that can detect COVID-19 within 20 minutes
- MCX staffer succumbs to COVID-19; nine others test positive
- Two Vistara pilots test COVID-19 positive after flight simulator training
- No survival benefit in Covid-19 patients receiving HCQ: Study