COVID-19 – What is proning and how can it help you increase oxygen levels at home
- The availability of beds in a hospital has become a scarcity, while the demand for oxygen cylinders has shot up as India battles the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For people, who are COVID-19 positive and are in home isolation, the Indian government has announced a medically approved technique of ‘
proning’ to help increase your oxygen levels.
- Proning will help in increasing oxygen levels at home.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 Power (Mighty Black 4GB RAM 64GB Storage) - 6000mAh Battery |FHD+ Screen | 48MP Quad Camera | Alexa Hands-Free Capable₹ 11499₹ 13999Buy On
- 23% OFF
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-Core Helio G25 Processor₹ 6799₹ 8499Buy On
- 26% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (ICY Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) Latest Snapdragon 778G 5G | sAMOLED 120Hz Display₹ 25999₹ 34999Buy On
- 14% OFF
iQOO 7 5G (Storm Black, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 29990₹ 34990Buy On
India continues to battle a severe second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has also resulted in hospitals being overburdened. The availability of beds in hospitals has become a scarcity, while the demand for oxygen cylinders has shot up, as more and more people see their oxygen levels dipping.
Hospitals are advised for people whose oxygen levels are dropping beyond 92% saturation level. For people, who are COVID-19 positive and are in home isolation, the Indian government has announced a medically approved technique of ‘proning’ to help increase your oxygen levels and keep them in the safe zone (above 94%).
Proning is the process of turning a patient with precise, safe motions, from their back onto their abdomen (stomach), so the individual is lying face down.
For patients who are isolated at home, it is important to stay in a well-ventilated room and
Here’s how you can practice proning, as advised by the Indian health ministry
Proning with pillows
– Lie down on the bed and place one pillow below the neck, one or two more under the chest through upper thighs and two pillows below the shins.
You can also try proning by following the below mentioned steps for 30 minutes each
– Lay down on your left side
– Lay down on the right side
– Sit up with a pillow on your back
However, avoid proning immediately after meals and ensure that you aren’t uncomfortable in any given position. “Keep a track of any pressure sores or injuries, especially, around bony prominences,” as mentioned in the ministry bulletin.
Pulse oximeter buying guide - here's how to choose the right oximeter for home
- Best coffee and tea mugs for your office or home
- WHO may approve Bharat Biotech's Covaxin 'within 24 hours' for emergency use, according to media reports
- Axis Bank posts highest ever quarterly net profit that grew 86% on year
- Pitch your startup ideas at IIT Bombay’s business model competition Eureka! — Here’s how you can apply
- Fino Payments Bank will be the first fintech startup in India to get listed on the bourses and it is profitable