Fighting Wuhan Coronavirus: Pictures show how China built a 1000-bed hospital in 10 days
Chinaplans to construct two hospitals by 5 February after a massive outbreak of the coronavirusin Wuhan.
- Coronavirus has killed 170 and infected 7771 people so far. The outbreak has reportedly spread to more than a dozen countries.
- Since the outbreak, the public health authorities are facing shortages of medicine, hospital beds and other emergency facilities.
AdvertisementChina plans to construct two hospitals by 5 February after a massive outbreak of the coronavirus in Wuhan that has killed 170 and infected 7771 people so far. The outbreak has reportedly spread to more than a dozen countries.
The news about coronavirus first broke in December when it affected 41 people who got the infection from a seafood and meat wholesale market in Wuhan — it sold peacocks, bats, frogs, snakes, fox meat among others.
Since the outbreak, the public health authorities are facing shortages of medicine, hospital beds and other emergency facilities. The government is considering evacuating Wuhan — a city bigger than New York or London with a population of 11 million — to get a better understanding of the situation.
China — the primary victim of the infection — started building two massive hospitals on January 23 with an aim to finish it in 10 days. The blueprint of the two hospitals is based on one of the existing hospitals in Beijing that China built in 2003 to fight the SARS outbreak.
The hospital in Beijing was constructed by 4,000 people in a week and had X-ray room, CT room, intensive-care unit. After two months of operation, the hospital was able to accommodate a seventh of SARS patients in the country.
Millions of people have tuned into the live streaming by Chinese state media providing an aerial view of how China is constructing two new temporary hospitals in Wuhan to fight the outbreak of coronavirus.
The construction of the first facility named Huoshenshan Hospital or Fire God Mountain Hospital started on January 24 in Wuhan and will finish on February 3. Huoshenshan will cover 269,000 square feet and will constitute 1,000 beds.
The construction of a second facility known as Leishenshan Hospital will be bigger than the first one with an area of 323,000 square feet and consist of 1,300 beds. The two hospitals are located 25 miles apart in Caidian District in the western suburbs of Wuhan.
The Chinese authorities has asked four construction companies to work day and night — through the Lunar New Year — in order to finish the project in time
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden
- Global trends, macroeconomic data to drive equity markets this week: Analysts
- New Parliament building inauguration: 'Sarva-Dharma Prarthana' ceremony held
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg