Google's search animation is encouraging people to wear masks as some states begin lifting mandates
- Each of the letters in "
- When clicked, the animation leads Googlers to a results page about
- Wear a mask, stay distanced, and get the vaccine, are some of the tips Google provides.
Google's search animation Tuesday featured each letter of the namesake word wearing a face mask, that, when clicked, says, "Wear a mask. Save lives" in response to the search phrase "COVID-19 prevention."
The search results continue with: "Wear a mask that fits well with no gaps; Stay at least 6 feet from others; Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces; Get a vaccine when it's available to you."
The search engine also supplies resources for where to get a vaccine and how many cases of COVID-19 are in the local county. Google ran a similar Doodle in August last year.
A spokesperson for the company told Insider the Doodle " is just a friendly reminder that masks are still important."
Read more: A pivot to selling face masks saved small businesses. Here's what they learned from a year of selling the world's most in-demand product
Misinformation about face masks has proliferated for months, and it has even contributed to people violently refusing to wear one.
Recently, states across the country, including Texas, Mississippi, and Oklahoma, have begun lifting their face mask mandates as cases of COVID-19 have dropped amid the vaccine rollout.
But public health experts have warned against doing so, saying it's too soon, and have asked Americans to continue wearing masks to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Though cases of COVID-19 and deaths from the virus have sharply declined from their peak in January, they're on the rise again, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- The good news is, only old office buildings are doomed. The bad news is, that's 70% of them.
- Mobile payments pioneer Paytm ‘deeply rooted in India’ — social media users hail Paytm’s QR strength that powers India’s small merchants
- Musical Marathon: Backstreet Boys to Ultra music fests are ready to rock India in 2023
- IPL 2023 new rules – from two team sheets to impact player, here are the new rules
- Current Account Deficit narrows to 2.2% of GDP in Q3: RBI data
- No festive cheer for auto cos in March: PV sales ‘flattish’, 2Ws to see a slight uptick
- Star Sports gets a tech upgrade for IPL 2023: Dolby Atmos, Real-time Highlights, Ambience-only mode, and more explained