How Humana fueled primary-care company Iora Health
Courtesy Iora Health
- New documents have given us a better sense of Iora Health's relationship with Humana;
- The FDA has issued a new warning about J&J's coronavirus vaccine;
- Why health insurance upstarts are employing doctors and nurses.
If you're new to this newsletter, sign up here. Comments, tips? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @lydiaramsey125. Let's get to it...
Humana quietly funded a huge piece of primary-care company Iora Health as the national insurer continues to shape the future of care for seniors
- New documents detail the close relationship between
Humanaand primary care company Iora Health.
- Humana funded 40 Iora clinics, and those clinics served only Humana members until July 2020. Iora has 47 clinics.
- The documents underscore how Humana has helped drive the proliferation of primary care for seniors.
The FDA issued a warning about a rare paralyzing syndrome linked to Johnson & Johnson's coronavirus vaccine
- Federal officials are warning of a rare, serious disorder linked to J&J coronavirus vaccine.
- Authorities said that the vaccine is still safe, and that its benefits outweigh the risks.
- Vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna haven't been linked to the rare condition, called Guillain-Barré syndrome.
Why health-insurer upstarts like Alignment, Bright, and Clover are following UnitedHealth's blueprint and employing doctors and nurses
- Insurer upstarts like Alignment, Bright, and Clover have waded into the business of providing care.
- They're betting they can save costs by controlling which specialists or hospitals members go to.
- They also want to give members more ways to get care without competing with community doctors.
More stories we're reading:
- JPMorgan downgrades Chamath Palihapitiya-backed Clover Health - and expects the stock to flatline over the next 16 months (Markets Insider)
- The Pope made a plea for universal healthcare in his first public appearance after undergoing intestinal surgery (Reuters)
- France will require people to use a 'health passport' to enter a restaurant or attraction this fall (Insider)
- There's a new way to fund medical research called BioBonds (The New York Times)
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling