India’s Dr Reddy’s Lab to get 100 million doses of Russia’s COVID-19 vaccine after regulatory approval
- Russia is likely to sell 100 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine — Sputnik-V — to Indian pharmaceutical Dr Reddy’s Laboratories
- According to the Russian Direct Investment Fund, the deliveries can begin in the late 2020.
- Sputnik V is under Phase III trials in Russia. Gamaleya Research Institute — a part of Russia’s Health Ministry — is testing the vaccine on over 40,000 people.
"On regulatory approval in India, RDIF (Russian Direct Investment Fund) shall supply to Dr Reddy's 100 million doses of the vaccine. The Sputnik V vaccine, which is based on well-studied human adenoviral vector platform with proven safety, is undergoing clinical trials for the coronavirus pandemic," said a statement from the fund.
The development comes after the Russian government sought India’s help, earlier this month, in manufacturing the Sputnik V vaccine and also to conduct Phase III trials in India.
According to the Russian Direct Investment Fund, the deliveries can begin in the late 2020.
"The agreement between RDIF and Dr Reddy's reflects the growing awareness of countries and organisations to have a diversified anti-COVID vaccine portfolio to protect their populations," RDIF added.
Sputnik V is under Phase III trials in Russia. Gamaleya Research Institute — a part of Russia’s Health Ministry — is testing the vaccine on over 40,000 people.
Brinton Pharma, which recently got DCGI approval to launch COVID-19 drug Favipiravir in India, gets ₹10 crore in debt funding
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Google to open its new office in Pune this year, will hire cloud technology experts
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- DRDO is inviting applications to fill up 150 apprenticeship posts with a monthly stipend of ₹9,000
- Google will soon block targeted ads for people below 18 years
- India’s 73rd Republic Day – Here are some inspirational quotes to remember
- Adani Wilmar is a good FMCG bet to invest at a reasonable IPO price, say analysts
- Sensex tanks over 900 points, Nifty slips below 17,000 — Asian Paints, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, L&T, Reliance Industries and HDFC Bank top losers