Moderna's latest coronavirus vaccine results
- Moderna shared more results from its early-stage
coronavirustrial on Wednesday.
- Among older adults, the shot created an immune response and appeared to be safe.
- It's an encouraging sign in the race for a coronavirus vaccine, though more data is needed.
The White House discussed changing CDC guidelines about testing asymptomatic people while Fauci was under anesthesia
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention changed its guidelines for coronavirus testing on Monday.
- Those without symptoms shouldn't be tested, even if they've had contact with infected people, the CDC said.
- But the White House coronavirus task force approved the change while Dr. Anthony Fauci was in surgery.
Why Google Cloud made the rare decision to invest $100 million in telehealth giant Amwell, according to its top salesman
- Google said it would invest $100 million into telehealth giant Amwell once it goes public.
- We spoke with Google Cloud's head of healthcare sales, Chris Sakalosky, about the arrangement.
- He said the two companies will partner on all-things-healthcare, and share a vision for the future of telehealth.
More stories we're reading:
- FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn on treatments, vaccines, and pressure from Trump (Bloomberg)
- Private equity firms are driving up prices in hospitals (Axios)
- A top Walmart healthcare exec left the retail giant to run a company that's looking to upend lab testing (Business Insider)
- The CEO of a hospital in Tennessee resigned after partaking in a surgery without a medical license (News5 WCYB)
- Anxiety is brewing in New York over a virulent replay in the fall (The New York Times)
Welp, I signed a lease in Carroll Gardens. Thanks for tuning in to my housing saga.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma steps down as Paytm Payments Bank Chairman
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route