The investors that stand to make the most as Bright Health goes public
- These are the investors that stand to make the most as Bright Health goes public;
- The "supertaster" gene might be linked to protection against COVID-19;
- The US has passed 600,000 coronavirus deaths.
Bright Health is going public at a $13.4 billion valuation. Here are the investors and execs who stand to make the most in the health insurance upstart's IPO.
Bright Healthis going public at a $13.4 billion valuation.
- The health insurance upstart listed its top investors and executives in its S-1 filing.
A 'supertaster' gene that makes people more sensitive to bitter flavors may also help protect against COVID-19
- The T2R38 gene makes people more sensitive to bitter tastes and also enhances immune function.
- It has been linked to stronger immunity against infections. Research suggests that includes COVID-19.
- "Supertasters" with two copies of the gene may be less likely to get COVID-19 and develop severe illness.
- The US death toll from COVID-19 has passed 600,000, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
- Pre-pandemic life has largely returned in the US because of the vaccine rollout.
- But some vaccine hesitancy and procrastination is posing a threat to reaching herd immunity.
More stories we're reading:
- Bright Health's S-1 filing reveals its bonkers revenue growth, dealmaking spree, and a foray into clinics. (Insider)
- Some states had coronavirus infections before cases were officially reported (Reuters)
- Graph shows how US COVID-19 spikes track strongly with the places where people are refusing vaccinations (Insider)
- Amazon's COVID-19 test is now available online for consumers (Stat News)
Popular on BI
- Thar, Xuv700, Scorpio N are the Mahindra's highest waiting cars
- Economic Inclusion
- Why stomach cancer cases are rising in India? - checkout symptoms of this Gastric cancer
- What is Pradhan Mantri Janjati Adivasi Nyaya Maha Abhiyan (PMJANMA)
- 60% people living in Delhi and Mumbai willing to relocate due to air pollution: Survey