Vaccinated people: Don't panic about your odds of a 'breakthrough' infection
Flaming Lips/Warner Music via Reuters
- Vaccinated people don't need to panic about the rising possibility of breakthrough infections;
- Check out the 10-slide presentation Cake used to raise $3.7 million for its approach to end-of-life planning;
- Here are Optum Ventures' 18 biggest investments.
Vaccinated people: Your odds of a COVID 'breakthrough' infection have gone up. That doesn't mean you need to panic.
- Vaccinated people are well protected from severe disease that could be caused by the Delta variant.
- They can catch COVID-19, but their symptoms may be mild, and the risk of transmitting may be low.
- The US is in a precarious position, with a half-vaccinated population.
A startup that wants to be the Tripadvisor of death planning used this 10-slide presentation to raise $3.7 million
- Cake helps people navigate end-of-life care with educational and planning resources.
- On Wednesday, it raised $3.7 million in seed funding.
- CEO Suelin Chen said the COVID-19 pandemic made end-of-life planning easier to talk about.
The biggest US health insurer has a $600 million VC arm that places bets on the future of healthcare. Here are Optum Ventures' 18 biggest investments, including startups reinventing home care and pharmacies.
- Optum Ventures is a $600 million venture fund associated with UnitedHealth Group.
- The fund launched in 2017 and has a focus on digital health, a spokesman confirmed to Insider.
More stories we're reading:
- Inside Aduhelm's controversial approval (The New York Times)
- CDC director says Delta variant is responsible for 83% of all new sequenced COVID-19 cases (Insider)
- UnitedHealthcare has a new Peloton perk (Axios)
- Singer Marina says she got COVID after being fully vaccinated, and urges people not to ignore mild symptoms (Insider)
Popular on BI
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights
- Startup funding hits a 5-year low in July-September quarter
- Mobile phone exports from India cross Rs 45,000 cr in April-Aug period, Apple leads
- Twinkle, Akshay pose with UK PM Rishi Sunak in London
- Troubles mount for Indian airlines, even in good times