Vaccines, compared in one simple chart
Welcome to Insider's daily healthcare newsletter, your daily dose of pharma, biotech, and
Hello,Today in healthcare news: A simple table to compare all the coronavirus vaccines, examining whether we'll hit herd immunity by April, and Black doctors are being targeted on Clubhouse after vaccine education.
All the differences between COVID-19 vaccines, summarized in a simple table that you can take to your vaccination appointment
COVID-19vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and AstraZeneca all have unique features.
- They vary in effectiveness, potential side effects, dosage, and ages approved for the shots.
- Here is a table that compares them all.
A Johns Hopkins professor predicts the US will reach herd immunity by April, but many experts aren't so optimistic
- In an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, Johns Hopkins professor Martin Makary wrote that COVID-19 would be "mostly gone" in the US by April.
- The US's drop in
coronaviruscases suggests it's close to reaching herd immunity, Makary said.
- But many doctors and scientists say herd immunity is still a long way off in the US.
Black doctors are being targeted on Clubhouse after trying to educate people about the COVID-19 vaccine
- Doctors are using the Clubhouse app to encourage people to take the COVID-19
- But numerous doctors told Insider they were harassed and bullied after discussing the vaccine.
- Black doctors in particular have faced substantial pushback, adding to the biases they already face.
More stories we're reading:
- 500,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 less than a year after the pandemic took hold (Insider)
- COVID-19 hospitalizations reach the lowest they've been since early November (Insider)
- What you can do once you get your vaccine (Elemental)
- Fauci says it's 'possible' that Americans will still need to wear masks in 2022 (Insider)
- Becton Dickinson is making a rapid at-home COVID-19 test (Bloomberg)
- Bihar has no governance, state budget a bundle of lies : Tejashwi in assembly
- Haryana to table anti-conversion bill in upcoming budget session: Minister
- Bihar saw 8-fold growth in budget size during both RJD and NDA regimes : Tejashwi
- MVA govt trying to curtail budget session citing pandemic: BJP
- Gangubai Kathiawadi: An inspiring journey of a brothel head and a political leader of Kamathipura