What's ahead for COVID-19 drugs and vaccines in 2021
- The 10 big events to pay attention to when it comes to COVID-19 vaccines and treatments;
- We broke down where the top biotechs (according to VCs) are based;
- Find out why One Medical made its $1.4 billion bet on Iora.
As you might expect, there'll be no newsletter Monday. Have a great long weekend, and see you Tuesday!
Following Pfizer's vaccine approval, there's still more to come as drugmakers look to get
Andrew Dunn rounded up 10 newsworthy moments to keep an eye out for in the remainder of 2021.
They include updates on new antiviral treatments as well as when we might get shots authorized for kids 12 and under.
Vaccines for kids, game-changing treatments, and the fate of booster shots: Here are the top 10 COVID-19 events to watch for in 2021
Investors this summer picked out biotechs they think are set to take off in the next year.
Andrew and Allison DeAngelis have the bicoastal lists up this week.
The $1.4 billion One Medical-Iora deal closed on Wednesday.
Mohana Ravindranath spoke to the leaders of the two (now one) companies to learn more about the decision to combine the primary care organizations.
The thinking: One Medical wants to treat people when they're young, but also when they age into Medicare at 65.
"If we're going to try to attract you, how about your parents or your grandparents? Or if you have kids, your kids. We're speaking across a common brand, and ultimately across common technology platforms," One Medical CEO Amir Rubin told us.
More stories that kept us busy this week:
- Be sure to check out this piece on the steps people are taking to get IUDs removed.
- The jury's been selected for Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes' trial. Catch up on everything you need to know heading into the trial here.
- Psychedelics companies are acting like biotechs. So maybe it shouldn't be a big surprise that some top biotech VCs are getting on board. Yeji Jesse Lee has the story of $1.1 billion psychedelics company GH Research, which has drawn backing from top healthcare investors.
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- Sensex, Nifty scale fresh record highs, rise for 4th day in a row
- Passenger vehicles record 11.3% growth in February 2024, two-wheelers record 35% growth