What's at stake for Apple's future in healthcare
- We went deep inside
Apple's health organization, where there have been a string of departures and setbacks;
- We found the top new serial biotech
entrepreneursto watch, all under the age of 45;
- Deep reporting revealed how patients are trying to pry back their health records from the grasp of industry giants.
Apple, the world's most valuable company, has been trying to break into the healthcare scene for more than half a decade. So why hasn't it gotten as far as its competitors, Google and Amazon?
Investigative reporting by Blake Dodge found that the company's healthcare division has been marred by high-level departures, setbacks and deep organizational problems.
It's not uncommon for
Now, Allison DeAngelis reveals the next generation of serial biotech entrepreneurs.
They're all under 45, and have started at least three companies. Keep an eye on them - we're betting they are going to do big things.
As Mohana Ravindranath reveals, this can lead to dangerous situations.
But Mohana reports that there is a growing group of patients who are fighting to pry their medical records back from the hold of software giants like Epic and Cerner.
It's a David and Goliath story between patients and a $14.5 billion industry.
The $14.5 billion health records industry has a hold on patient data - now advocates are fighting back
More stories that kept us busy this week:
- Andy Dunn discussed why the success of
COVID-19vaccines has led other biotechs to start looking into RNA technology.
- Arch Venture Partners has founded a new mega biotech, reports Allison, this time focused on neuroscience and brain disorders.
- Dermatologists are moving online, reports Jade Khatib; here's how they're using their platforms to fight misinformation.
- Megan Hernbroth brought us two new pitch decks that helped Twin Health and Slope raise millions.
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: Adani Enterprises, SBI Life, HDFC Life among stocks in focus
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life