With 6 suspects, India fears a deadly Coronavirus outbreak that killed 81 and infected 2,744 in China
- In Hyderabad, 4 people were put under observation in a government hospital on suspicion of
- China, which is the epicenter of the virus, has reported 81 deaths and 2,744 cases, including 461 who are in critical condition.
- The authorities are also closely monitoring about 60 persons in Kozhikode who have returned from
Authorities have intensified security checks at the airport after two people who were returning from China were hospitalised in Jaipur and Bihar. In Hyderabad, 4 people were put under observation in a government hospital on suspicion of Coronavirus.
The Rajasthan government has issued a health advisory. According to
The symptoms of coronavirus are similar to any other upper-respiratory infection — running nose, cough, sore throat, and occasionally even fever.
The first case of the deadly coronavirus reported from Nepal, has turned Uttar Pradesh nervous. Gorakhpur in particular, is under the throes of the threat due to its proximity to Nepal and the heavy traffic flow across the porous border.Advertisement
In Kerala, 288 people have been in the wake of the coronavirus scare, though the state Health Minister K.K. Shailaja asserted that there was no reason for concern. The authorities are also closely monitoring about 60 persons in Kozhikode who have returned from China.
The Odisha government too said it is prepared to tackle the deadly virus.Advertisement
India is finding it hard to assess the exact number of Indians stranded in central China's Wuhan city which has been placed under a lockdown, following the outbreak of the contagious novel coronavirus.
With 44 confirmed cases, the virus has already spread to Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, US, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Nepal, France and Australia. Moreover, scientists are still struggling to find a cure.Advertisement
- Indian-origin S African appointed COO of company assisting in combating organised bank-related crimes
- Govt can't compel COVID-19 positive people into state quarantine facilities: South African court
- Defence secretary tests positive for COVID-19: Sources
- Highest spike of 1,513 fresh COVID cases in Delhi takes total to over 23K; death toll rises to 606
- Assam records highest single-day spike in COVID cases; tally 1,830