Lunar eclipse today: When and where to watch the fourth and final Chandra Grahan this year
- This will be the fourth and the final
lunar eclipseof this year.
- According to timeanddate.com, the lunar eclipse will start at 1:02 PM IST and will end at 5:23 PM IST.
- Although the penumbral lunar eclipse won’t be visible in India, you can also catch the live broadcast on YouTube channels of Slooh and the Virtual Telescope from the other parts of the world.
Time of penumbral lunar eclipse on November 30 in India
This will be the fourth and the final lunar eclipse of this year. According to timeanddate.com, the lunar eclipse will start at 1:02 PM IST and will end at 5:23 PM IST. The total duration of the lunar eclipse will last for four hours and 21 minutes.
Advertisement“The Moon will appear full for about three days around this time, from Saturday night through Tuesday morning. The Moon will be close enough to opposite the Sun that it will pass through the partial shadow of the Earth, with 83% of the Moon in the partial shadow at 4:44 AM est, the peak of the eclipse,” NASA said in a statement.
The first lunar eclipse this year took place on January 10, followed by the second one on June 5 and the third on July 5.
What is a penumbral lunar eclipse?
There are three types of a lunar eclipse – a total lunar eclipse, partial lunar eclipse, and penumbral lunar eclipse — this one will be a penumbral lunar eclipse. A penumbral lunar eclipse occurs when the Sun, Earth, and Moon align in almost a straight line. The Earth blocks some of the Sun’s light from directly reaching the Moon’s surface and partially covers the Moon with the outer part of its shadow, also known as the penumbra.
Where to watch the penumbral lunar eclipse on November 30?
Although the penumbral lunar eclipse won’t be visible in India, skywatchers can admire it in various parts of the world, including Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Australia. It, however, depends on the favourable weather conditions as well.
AdvertisementYou can also catch the live broadcast on YouTube channels of Slooh and the Virtual Telescope from the other parts of the world.
SEE ALSO: Fauci and public health experts are sounding the alarms about another coronavirus surge after Americans traveled for the Thanksgiving holiday
From WhiteHat Jr, Big Basket, and Unacademy to Dunzo — these are the Indian startups that reported data leaks over the past few months
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80