India has signed 250 documents on space cooperation with 59 countries, says ISRO chief K Sivan
- India has 250 agreements covering space exploration, human spaceflight, and joint experiments with 59 countries around the world.
- Among them, Russia, the US, Russia, and Israel are front runners, according to
Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) chief K Sivan.
- Russia is currently helping the Indian Air Force (IAF) pilots train for ISRO’s
human space flightmission Gagayaan, facilitated using critical medical technology from France.
However, the country has signed over 250 documents in the field with over 59 countries around the world, according to Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief K. Sivan at the
Partnerships with foreign agencies range from cooperation in human spaceflight to planetary exploration and joint experiments.
ISRO’s main space exploration partners
ISRO is working on its own missions — but everyone can do with a little help for their friends. For instance, Russia is currently training the Indian Air Force (IAF) officers for India’s first human space flight mission
France is providing critical medical technology for the mission. “After realising two joint satellites, Megha-Tropiques and Saral, ISRO AND CNES (National Centre for Space Studies) are working towards realising third mission named Krishna,” said Sivan.
The US-based National Aeronautics and Space Administration (
Aiming for the Moon, ISRO's current partnership with the Japanese space agency JAXA is preparing for a lunar polar exploration mission.
According to Sivan, international cooperation is a ‘hallmark’ of the Indian space programme.
Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin gets one step closer to sending tourists into space
Wipro’s share price dips by over 6% after earnings — analysts believe it will take a while to catch up to TCS and HCL Technologies
Myntra CEO explains how fashion buying has changed in India and the e-retailer’s focus on Bharat users this festive season
Popular on BI
- GST Council meet: No new tax on food delivery apps Swiggy, Zomato
- SBI, Kotak Mahindra and others cut home loan rates ahead of festive season
- Virat Kohli's T20I journey as captain is better than Dhoni's
- Gen Z decoded: MTV's latest report reflects Gen Z’s behavior patterns,mindsets, habits and perceptions
- From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year