India has signed 250 documents on space cooperation with 59 countries, says ISRO chief K Sivan
- India has 250 agreements covering space exploration, human spaceflight, and joint experiments with 59 countries around the world.
- Among them, Russia, the US, Russia, and Israel are front runners, according to
Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) chief K Sivan.
- Russia is currently helping the Indian Air Force (IAF) pilots train for ISRO’s
human space flightmission Gagayaan, facilitated using critical medical technology from France.
AdvertisementRussia, the US, Japan, and Israel are India’s leading partners when it comes to space cooperation.
However, the country has signed over 250 documents in the field with over 59 countries around the world, according to Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief K. Sivan at the
Partnerships with foreign agencies range from cooperation in human spaceflight to planetary exploration and joint experiments.
ISRO’s main space exploration partners
ISRO is working on its own missions — but everyone can do with a little help for their friends. For instance, Russia is currently training the Indian Air Force (IAF) officers for India’s first human space flight mission
France is providing critical medical technology for the mission. “After realising two joint satellites, Megha-Tropiques and Saral, ISRO AND CNES (National Centre for Space Studies) are working towards realising third mission named Krishna,” said Sivan.
The US-based National Aeronautics and Space Administration (
Aiming for the Moon, ISRO's current partnership with the Japanese space agency JAXA is preparing for a lunar polar exploration mission.
According to Sivan, international cooperation is a ‘hallmark’ of the Indian space programme.
Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin gets one step closer to sending tourists into space
Wipro’s share price dips by over 6% after earnings — analysts believe it will take a while to catch up to TCS and HCL Technologies
Myntra CEO explains how fashion buying has changed in India and the e-retailer’s focus on Bharat users this festive season
Popular on BI
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet
- Discover peace at India's most calming hideout: top 10 stress-free places in India