PUBG Mobile: Battlegrounds Mobile India pre-registrations to begin on May 18 – rewards, maps and more
Battlegrounds Mobile Indiawill be available for pre-registration starting today, May 18.
- Those who pre-register will get special rewards.
- Krafton will also bring modes like Metro Exodus, special themed content and new features in the game.
To entice PUBG fans and players, Krafton has announced special rewards for those who pre-register for the game. The company has noted that these rewards will be specific to Indian users only.
While it did not specify what these rewards are, Krafton said that the game will be free to play on mobile devices – both iOS and Android.
Battlegrounds Mobile India is expected to offer the same game modes as PUBG Mobile, including battle royale, team deathmatch, war and more.
Krafton also announced that the game will release with exclusive in-game events like outfits and features and will have its own esports ecosystem with tournaments and leagues.
How to pre-register for Battlegrounds Mobile India?
Battlegrounds Mobile India will be available for pre-registration on Android devices.
To pre-register, go to the Google Play store, search for the game and tap on the “Pre-register” button.
Alternatively, you can simply go to this page and pre-register – Battlegrounds Mobile India on the Play store.
Maps, gameplay and new features
Krafton has partnered with first-person shooter Metro Exodus to bring a new game mode called Metro Royale in addition to other game modes.
It will also introduce a new underground world with themed content. Other additions include spike traps, melee throwing and more.
The game will also be lightweight in comparison to previous versions of PUBG Mobile, which were close to 1GB in terms of download size. Instead, Battlegrounds Mobile India will be just around 610MB in size.
Battlegrounds Mobile India will have restrictions for minors
AdvertisementKrafton has announced some specific restrictions for minors – those below 18 years of age. Here’s what we found:
- Minors will have to provide the phone number of their parents or guardian to play the game.
- Minors will only be able to play the game for a maximum of 3 hours a day.
- The maximum amount that can be spent in the game will be limited to ₹7,000 per day.
However, it is unclear as to how the company will verify the age of its users. If the process is simply based on the details entered during registration without any authentication, it may defeat the purpose of the restrictions.
We should know more in this regard once the game launches officially.
Battlegrounds Mobile India is now official but comes with several restrictions for minors
PUBG Mobile India to relaunch as Battlegrounds Mobile India – here’s what we know so far
Popular on BI
- People want bigger homes and reopening offices, schools hasn’t altered this trend
- Prime Minister Modi says extension of free ration scheme will benefit crores during the festive season
- Central government employees given 4% hike in DA ahead of Diwali
- Jewellery chains are growing at the cost of standalone jewellers – and it’s only going to get worse, says World Gold Council report
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride