How to delete your number and email from Facebook’s database
- Facebook offers a tool that allows you to remove your personal information from its database.
- You can use this tool to remove your mobile number, landline number and email address.
- Here is how you can remove your phone number and email address from Facebook’s database.
AdvertisementMeta-owned social media platform Facebook recently added a new tool that allows users to remove their personal details such as your phone numbers and email address from the company’s database.
You may be thinking that your personal information is safe if you don't have an account on Facebook or never shared it on the platform. Unfortunately, that is not the case as your data may have been shared by other users.
If someone who has saved your number or email on their phone allowed Facebook, Messenger or Instagram to access their address book, the company has your data.
What is the Facebook contacts removal tool?
The Facebook contact removal tool allows you to check if your phone number, landline number or email address is stored on Facebook’s database. It allows you to ask Facebook to remove the data and put you on a block list, preventing your data from being uploaded by other users in the future.
Interestingly, while removing your data from its “address book” database, Facebook will store your details in a separate “block list” database. This means that your data is still stored by the company on a different database.
How to check and remove your phone number and email from Facebook’s database
- To begin, you will first have to open Facebook’s contact removal tool from here.
- Then, select from “Mobile number”, “Landline phone number” and “Email address”.
- Then, click on “Next”.
Enter your number or email and select if you want to check for the data on Facebook and Messenger or Instagram.
AdvertisementNow, enter the confirmation code received on your number or email and click on “Next”.
- If your number has been found, you will see a screen that says “We found this number”.
- Facebook will then ask you if you want your number to be deleted and blocked from the platform.
- If you want to
delete your number, click on “Confirm”.
You will then see a screen that says that “Your request was successful”.
You can then check if your other numbers and email addresses have been stored on the platform.
Do note that you will have to enter a confirmation code that is sent on your number or email to verify and remove your information. If it is a landline number, you will receive an automated call that will share the confirmation code with you.
DCX Systems IPO allotment – How to check allotment status, listing date and more
WhatsApp introduces Communities with support for up to 5,000 members – here’s how to use it
Shark Tank India S2 returns without Ashneer Grover, meet the new shark
Popular on BI
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Sensex snaps 4-session losing run led by PSU banks
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal