Steps for video meeting from Google Meet on phone or laptop
- A stiff competitor to Zoom, Google’s new video conferencing platform is free to use both for personal and commercial video chat meetings.
Google Meet, the world’s leading search engine giant has significantly enhanced the capabilities of its casual video apps released earlier namely Google Hangouts and Duo.
- Google Meet can work equally well on multiple devices including desktop, laptop, android, iPad or iPhone.
Here’s a look at one of the premier video conferencing apps— Google Meet
The features of Google Meet:-
Google Meet supports up to 100 participants at a time on a single call— a lot more than its earlier video chat apps like Google Hangouts and Duo. Google has said till September 30, 2020, the hosts can conduct meetings 24 hours on this platform with zero cost while this might be cut short to an upper limit of 60 minutes after this date.
The other interesting features of this teleconferencing platform are scheduling, real-time captioning and screen sharing.
The host of the meeting can approve or deny the entry of participants to a meeting in addition to muting or removing participants.
Till September 30, G Suite is free to use. Google will charge $10 per month for every participant on the app for using G Suite Essentials from October 1, 2020. For every participant in the app, G Suite Enterprise Essentials will cost $20 from October 1, 2020.
How to start a video meeting from Gmail?
Click on Start a meeting.
In the Meet window, click on Join Now. If you join the meeting on your phone, you can still use the PC or desktop for video while the phone can be used for audio.
To share the meeting code with new participants, copy the joining info and paste it on a messaging app. To send invite by email, click on Add people and enter their name or email address and then click on send invite. For inviting someone by phone, click on Add people and then click on call. Once you input the phone number of the recipient, you can invite them via phone call.
How to start a video meeting from Google Meet?
Open any web browser and land on https://meet.google.com
Click on join or start a meeting.
To add someone to a meeting, click on Copy joining info and paste the meeting details on an email or any other app.
Click on Add people and then select a name or email address and send invite.
If a meeting is created on a personal Google account, only the organizer of the meeting can send invite or call an invitee. To call a participant to join, you just have to input the phone number of the invitee and press the call button.
See Also -
AdvertisementJioMeet vs Google Meet vs Zoom meeting – Which video calling service should you use?
Simple steps to run zoom meeting app on laptop or phone
How you can check PM Kisan scheme beneficiaries list
- K'taka health minister defends Covaxin, says it's safe
- Expert panel recommends Phase 1 trial of nasal Covid-19 vaccine (IANS Exclusive, Lead)
- Bombay High Court permits Sebamed ads targeting Dove with no changes and asks to put an end on Lux’s comparison with Rin
- Vaccine hesitancy among healthcare workers must end: Govt
- Software firm Magenic is the third acquisition of Cognizant in January this year