Instagram is testing monthly subscriptions priced at ₹89 per month for exclusive stories, live videos
- It has added monthly subscription prices of ₹89 on its App Store listing.
- Subscriptions would give fans access to exclusive content, and prioritised interactions with creators.
AdvertisementFacebook-owned social media app Instagram has been testing a subscription feature through which creators can earn money. It looks like the company is now readying the launch of this feature according to Instagram’s App Store listings on iOS.
There’s a new “Instagram Subscriptions” category under the “In-App Purchases” section for the Instagram App Store listing. First spotted by TechCrunch,
Instagram head Adam Mosseri had also said that the company is exploring subscriptions on the platform earlier this year. Instagram Subscriptions are expected to be similar to Twitter Blue where fans can get access to exclusive tweets and other content. Similarly, Instagram is expected to make certain content available only for subscribers. And Instagram has been testing a similar feature for some months now.
Reverse engineer Alessandro Paluzzi has been sharing developments on Instagram working on subscription-based fan clubs. Instagram is testing a subscribe button that will appear on a creator’s profile. Fans can subscribe and get access to exclusive content like stories and live videos. A special member badge will also appear next to your username whenever you DM (direct message) the creator or comment on their posts. This badge will supposedly make interactions prioritised with the creator.
#Instagram continues to work on Fan Club subscriptions by adding the ability to start a Live video for your subscri… https://t.co/VTA3LtiI4A— Alessandro Paluzzi (@alex193a) 1634107890000
Creators will also get to keep a tab on their approximate earnings, active members, and expired membership. Instagram will also let creators customise their subscription name and price. And fans can always cancel anytime they want.
Instagram is one of the biggest hubs for influencers and creators, and there are already different revenue earning ways like brand collaborations and advertisements. But subscriptions would directly involve fans, and Instagram could introduce more options for fan-creator interactions in the future. The developments show an almost ready feature, and seeing how the subscription prices are live on the App Store, Instagram could launch this soon.
Here’s how to record calls on Android devices and iPhones
Apple reportedly hires Tesla’s autopilot software director for its self-driving car project
Popular on BI
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Sensex, Nifty scale fresh record highs, rise for 4th day in a row
- Passenger vehicles record 11.3% growth in February 2024, two-wheelers record 35% growth
- CAA will be implemented before Lok Sabha polls, says Union Minister Shantanu Thakur
- Famous Shiva temples in India you can visit on this Maha Shivratri
- Delhi HC exempts custom duties on medicines for rare diseases