Instagram is testing monthly subscriptions priced at ₹89 per month for exclusive stories, live videos
- It has added monthly subscription prices of ₹89 on its App Store listing.
- Subscriptions would give fans access to exclusive content, and prioritised interactions with creators.
Facebook-owned social media app Instagram has been testing a subscription feature through which creators can earn money. It looks like the company is now readying the launch of this feature according to Instagram’s App Store listings on iOS.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 35% OFF
AmazonBasics Zero Gravity Portable Textilene Fabric and Steel Reclining Lounge Chair, Blue₹ 3499₹ 6000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Polaris Engineered Wood Oak Finish Queen Bed with Box Storage (Imperial Teak)₹ 12449₹ 21999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Medusa Engineered Wood wardrobe walnut finish ,3 Doors₹ 12399₹ 21000Buy On
- 42% OFF
AmazonBasics Steel Zero Gravity Reclining Lounge Portable Chair, Black₹ 3499₹ 6000Buy On
- 61% OFF
Coirfit Jute Fabric Washable Cover 3 Seater Folding Sofa Cum Bed (Grey, 5' X 6' Feet)₹ 8769₹ 17271Buy On
There’s a new “Instagram Subscriptions” category under the “In-App Purchases” section for the Instagram App Store listing. First spotted by TechCrunch,
Instagram head Adam Mosseri had also said that the company is exploring subscriptions on the platform earlier this year. Instagram Subscriptions are expected to be similar to Twitter Blue where fans can get access to exclusive tweets and other content. Similarly, Instagram is expected to make certain content available only for subscribers. And Instagram has been testing a similar feature for some months now.
Reverse engineer Alessandro Paluzzi has been sharing developments on Instagram working on subscription-based fan clubs. Instagram is testing a subscribe button that will appear on a creator’s profile. Fans can subscribe and get access to exclusive content like stories and live videos. A special member badge will also appear next to your username whenever you DM (direct message) the creator or comment on their posts. This badge will supposedly make interactions prioritised with the creator.
#Instagram continues to work on Fan Club subscriptions by adding the ability to start a Live video for your subscri… https://t.co/VTA3LtiI4A— Alessandro Paluzzi (@alex193a) 1634107890000
Creators will also get to keep a tab on their approximate earnings, active members, and expired membership. Instagram will also let creators customise their subscription name and price. And fans can always cancel anytime they want.
Instagram is one of the biggest hubs for influencers and creators, and there are already different revenue earning ways like brand collaborations and advertisements. But subscriptions would directly involve fans, and Instagram could introduce more options for fan-creator interactions in the future. The developments show an almost ready feature, and seeing how the subscription prices are live on the App Store, Instagram could launch this soon.
Here’s how to record calls on Android devices and iPhones
Apple reportedly hires Tesla’s autopilot software director for its self-driving car project
Popular on BI
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- EaseMyTrip launches a new campaign featuring Vijay Raaz and Varun Sharma to promote its full-refund medical policy
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on gaming laptops, accessories