Instagram is testing monthly subscriptions priced at ₹89 per month for exclusive stories, live videos
- It has added monthly subscription prices of ₹89 on its App Store listing.
- Subscriptions would give fans access to exclusive content, and prioritised interactions with creators.
AdvertisementFacebook-owned social media app Instagram has been testing a subscription feature through which creators can earn money. It looks like the company is now readying the launch of this feature according to Instagram’s App Store listings on iOS.
There’s a new “Instagram Subscriptions” category under the “In-App Purchases” section for the Instagram App Store listing. First spotted by TechCrunch,
Instagram head Adam Mosseri had also said that the company is exploring subscriptions on the platform earlier this year. Instagram Subscriptions are expected to be similar to Twitter Blue where fans can get access to exclusive tweets and other content. Similarly, Instagram is expected to make certain content available only for subscribers. And Instagram has been testing a similar feature for some months now.
Reverse engineer Alessandro Paluzzi has been sharing developments on Instagram working on subscription-based fan clubs. Instagram is testing a subscribe button that will appear on a creator’s profile. Fans can subscribe and get access to exclusive content like stories and live videos. A special member badge will also appear next to your username whenever you DM (direct message) the creator or comment on their posts. This badge will supposedly make interactions prioritised with the creator.
#Instagram continues to work on Fan Club subscriptions by adding the ability to start a Live video for your subscri… https://t.co/VTA3LtiI4A— Alessandro Paluzzi (@alex193a) 1634107890000
Creators will also get to keep a tab on their approximate earnings, active members, and expired membership. Instagram will also let creators customise their subscription name and price. And fans can always cancel anytime they want.
Instagram is one of the biggest hubs for influencers and creators, and there are already different revenue earning ways like brand collaborations and advertisements. But subscriptions would directly involve fans, and Instagram could introduce more options for fan-creator interactions in the future. The developments show an almost ready feature, and seeing how the subscription prices are live on the App Store, Instagram could launch this soon.
Here’s how to record calls on Android devices and iPhones
Apple reportedly hires Tesla’s autopilot software director for its self-driving car project
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala