Netflix debuts its gaming plans with Stranger Things: 1984 and Stranger Things 3 for Android users in Poland
- Netflix has started testing mobile games for users in Poland.
- It’s starting with two Android games - Stranger Things: 1984 and Stranger Things 3.
- The games are available on the Netflix app but are downloaded from the Google Play Store.
AdvertisementNetflix has launched its first mobile games for users in Poland. This marks the streaming service giant’s entry into gaming, a first for the industry. The first Netflix games are based on the popular series Stranger Things, and there are two games available. It’s exclusive to users in Poland, and only for Netflix subscribers on Android devices.
Let’s talk Netflix and gaming. Today members in Poland can try Netflix mobile gaming on Android with two games, S… https://t.co/IINFIH3oU1— Netflix Geeked (@NetflixGeeked) 1629987403000
Netflix did highlight three things that users get with its games - no ads, no in-app purchases, and games included with your Netflix membership. It also said in its announcement that this experiment is still in the early stages. “It’s very, very early days and we’ve got a lot of work to do in the months ahead, but this is the first step,” Netflix said. There’s no word on when the games will be released in other markets.
Netflix last month announced that it will offer games on mobile devices first, and then expand it to more devices later. The company’s expansion into gaming will initially be more experimental, and reliant on user feedback. The streaming service is also looking into gaming as a new content category, and it will build on previous similar content such as Black Mirror Bandersnatch and Stranger Things games.
Netflix to host its first global fan event ‘TUDUM’ to showcase exclusives, first looks
How Netflix is changing the global entertainment industry
Popular on BI
- PM Modi shares image of tailor on the street using Paytm, calls it a common sight across India
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO fully subscribed on the last day
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts