Riot Games’ Valorant is coming to mobile
- Popular first-person shooter
Valorantis coming to mobiles.
- Riot Games, the company behind the game, announced this on the first anniversary of the PC-only game.
- Valorant now has 14 million monthly players.
Launched exactly a year ago (in 2020), Valorant has gained popularity, garnering great reviews over time. Riot also announced that the game now has 14 million players each month.
To recap, Valorant is a first-person shooter (FPS) game that combines some of the best aspects of Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and Overwatch, bringing the mechanics of the former and the character abilities of the latter.
AdvertisementValorant is a free-to-play game that is available for computers running Windows 7 or later. It rewards players with good reflexes and aims.
"One of our top goals this first year was to earn the trust and respect of the global FPS community, and to prove to them that Valorant will always uphold the fundamentals of a truly worthwhile competitive tac-shooter," said Valorant executive producer Anna Donlon.
"To see our growing player community recognise and appreciate what we're trying to do with Valorant is beyond what we could have expected and we are thrilled to soon offer the same competitive Valorant experience to even more global players,” she further added.
Riot Games’ announcement about a mobile version of Valorant might seem a little strange to some players since gaming controls are not as precise as they are on computers and gaming consoles.
Further, the company skipping consoles might disappoint the game’s fans, but seeing the popularity of mobile versions of rival titles like PUBG, Call of Duty and Fortnite, it’s hard to blame the developers of Valorant.
OnePlus is giving away ₹9,000 worth Google Stadia bundle for free – but it’s not available in India
Battlegrounds Mobile India is now official, but comes with several restrictions for minors
PUBG Mobile: Battlegrounds Mobile India pre-registrations to begin on May 18 – rewards, maps and more
Popular on BI
- US will give runway rights at NJ airport to a budget airline
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee