Riot Games’ Valorant is coming to mobile
- Popular first-person shooter
Valorantis coming to mobiles. Riot Games, the company behind the game, announced this on the first anniversary of the PC-only game.
- Valorant now has 14 million monthly players.
AdvertisementRiot Games is bringing its popular first-person shooter game, Valorant, to mobile. The company announced that it is working on bringing the Valorant experience to mobile to expand the player community.
Launched exactly a year ago (in 2020), Valorant has gained popularity, garnering great reviews over time. Riot also announced that the game now has 14 million players each month.
To recap, Valorant is a first-person shooter (FPS) game that combines some of the best aspects of Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and Overwatch, bringing the mechanics of the former and the character abilities of the latter.
Valorant is a free-to-play game that is available for computers running Windows 7 or later. It rewards players with good reflexes and aims.
"One of our top goals this first year was to earn the trust and respect of the global FPS community, and to prove to them that Valorant will always uphold the fundamentals of a truly worthwhile competitive tac-shooter," said Valorant executive producer Anna Donlon.
"To see our growing player community recognise and appreciate what we're trying to do with Valorant is beyond what we could have expected and we are thrilled to soon offer the same competitive Valorant experience to even more global players,” she further added.
Riot Games’ announcement about a mobile version of Valorant might seem a little strange to some players since gaming controls are not as precise as they are on computers and gaming consoles.
Further, the company skipping consoles might disappoint the game’s fans, but seeing the popularity of mobile versions of rival titles like PUBG, Call of Duty and Fortnite, it’s hard to blame the developers of Valorant.
OnePlus is giving away ₹9,000 worth Google Stadia bundle for free – but it’s not available in India
Battlegrounds Mobile India is now official, but comes with several restrictions for minors
PUBG Mobile: Battlegrounds Mobile India pre-registrations to begin on May 18 – rewards, maps and more
Popular on BI
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Elon Musk reportedly left OpenAI's board in 2018 after Sam Altman and other cofounders rejected his plan to run the company
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock