WhatsApp is testing message reactions — you might soon be able to react to messages with heart, laugh, like and other emojis
- It’s expected to work similar to other apps that have emoji reactions to messages.
- This feature is still in its early stages and more details are expected to be revealed soon.
AdvertisementWhatsApp is working on a new feature called “message reactions.” The feature in itself is not new as it’s available on popular messaging apps like Messenger, iMessage, Twitter and Instagram DM as well. WhatsApp is now testing this feature which is still in its early stages of development.
Message reactions on WhatsApp are expected to work similar to other apps like Messenger and Twitter. You can react to a message with emoji and the ones usually available are heart, laugh, angry, smile, like or dislike. We don’t know how message reactions on WhatsApp will look like but WABetaInfo confirmed the feature is in testing. A screenshot provided by the blog showed a message that reads, “You received a reaction. Update your version of WhatsApp to see reactions.”
This message is shown when the user doesn’t have that particular feature on their version of WhatsApp. This confirms that WhatsApp is testing message reactions and we will most likely see more of this in the coming weeks. It is also expected to reach WhatsApp beta users soon as we’ve seen with most of the upcoming features.
It’s not surprising that WhatsApp decided to bring message reactions to the app seeing how it has been releasing a host of new features and experiments. WhatsApp recently rolled out a couple of features like disappearing photos and videos and joinable missed group calls. These features are available to all WhatsApp users on Android and iOS. It has also started testing chat history transfer from iOS to Android, and multi-device support which is two of the biggest
Here’s how to book COVID-19 vaccine slot using WhatsApp
WhatsApp adds a payment shortcut so you can send money faster than ever before
Popular on BI
- Apple 'fully resumed' advertising on Twitter, says Musk
- Investment intent of ₹10.5 lakh crore received at Odisha biz summit
- Foreign investors upgrade India as dedicated allocation in investment portfolios, say equity experts
- Postpartum depression in mothers can have serious consequences on the child’s health and development
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh