WhatsApp's upcoming feature will allow you to open the messenger in many devices at the same time
- Multi device support will allow users to use the same WhatsApp account on multiple devices.
- Messenger Rooms will allow users to start a video call on the Facebook Messenger.
The features were spotted by WABetaInfo in two beta versions of the app. Multi device support was spotted on the 2.20.152 version of the app and Messenger Rooms support was spotted on the 2.2019.6 version.
Multi device support
AdvertisementMulti device support is currently being tested and the company has not revealed when the feature will be available on the stable version of the app.
Currently, WhatsApp does not allow users to use the same account on different devices, a feature that has been available for quite some time on Telegram. Telegram allows users to log into a secondary device by sending an OTP to the first device.
The multi device support is expected to be named as ‘Linked devices’. It will allow users to log in on a new device by clicking on the ‘Link a new device’ button.
As per the report, WhatsApp recommends users to use a Wi-Fi connection while using the WhatsApp account on a secondary device. While it’s not clear why mobile data is not recommended, it’s possible that WhatsApp may copy all the messages and media on the new device.
As people are stuck at home due to the coronavirus pandemic, Facebook recently introduced Messenger Rooms that allow users to quickly place a video call and invite your friends with a link.
Now, Facebook is reportedly working on adding a shortcut for Messenger Rooms on WhatsApp. This will allow users to quickly start a video call with up to 8 people.
How to use IFCN’s WhatsApp fact checker to fight Coronavirus misinformation
WhatsApp has reportedly listed giving loans as a ‘main’ objective— and it could be a big feature in Facebook and Reliance Jio’s partnership
WhatsApp Pay to roll out in India and other countries over the next six months: Zuckerberg
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost
- Visa application for UK’s new points-based immigration system kicks in today — here’s all you need to know
- India's manufacturing sector loses growth momentum in November, PMI falls to three-month low
- Nirav Modi's remand extended in UK, final hearings in 2021