iPhone may finally get the highly anticipated always on display feature
Appleis expected to offer an always-on display with its iPhone14 series finally.
- The feature is expected to be limited to the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming always-on display from Apple.
AdvertisementAn always-on display is an excellent feature that allows you to quickly view the time and important information, such as notifications on your smartphone, with just a glance, even when you are not using your device.
The always-on display feature showcases this information on your display without using a lot of battery. While Android devices have had this feature for many years,
According to a report by MacRumors, the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max that are scheduled to launch later this year will get an always-on display similar to the Apple Watch.
The Xcode 14 beta has revealed what the always-on display from Apple could look like. Steve Moser, a contributor at MacRumors, spotted the upcoming feature.
A preview of the rumored iPhone 14 Pro ‘Always on Display’ feature might have been leaked by Xcode 14 beta 4 Simula… https://t.co/aR8VC2fad5— Steve Moser (@SteveMoser) 1659394872000
As seen in the above image, the always-on display will not be as detailed as the lock screen and textures will be removed to reduce the details. It will likely help reduce battery consumption while the always-on display is active.
In addition, if you have any widgets on the lock screen, the always-on display will remove details from the images.
A recent report also revealed a “sleep” state for wallpapers on the device. In this state, the wallpapers become darker and bright colors fade out, similar to how the always-on display works on the Apple Watch.
This feature is expected to be limited to the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max models as they are expected to come with a variable refresh rate display from 1Hz to 120Hz. The existing iPhone devices offer a refresh rate between 10Hz and 120Hz.
We expect the feature to be available in all the new devices launched by the company next year.
Upcoming smartphones launching in India in August 2022
OnePlus 10T to launch soon in India – launch date, expected specifications and everything you need to know
BGMI ban in India – why was the game banned, is the game still working, and everything you need to know
Popular on BI
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- DGCA slaps ₹10L fine on Go Air for leaving behind 55 passengers at B'luru airport
- Vedanta Q3 net profit drops 41% on higher input costs
- ED attaches 32 properties worth ₹70 crore in fraudulent TDS refund case
- RRR surpasses Cruise’s Top Gun 2 & Spielberg’s The Fabelmans in the top 10 movies of 2022
- Weekend OTTs: Ayushmann Khurrana’s ‘An Action Hero’ to ghost hunts with ‘Lockwood and Co’