How to lock facebook profile step by step
- The Facebook lock feature allows users in India to lock their profiles from non-friends.
- Once you lock your Facebook profile, non-friends will not be able to zoom into, share or download your full-size profile picture and cover photo.
- The feature is aimed particularly at women.
AdvertisementSocial media giant Facebook launched a new safety feature in India that will allow users, especially women, to lock their profiles from non-friends.
The ability to lock the profile is especially designed for women who want more control over their Facebook experience.
Once the Facebook profile is locked, non-friends cannot zoom into, share or download the user's full-size profile picture and cover photo as well as non-friends cannot see photos and posts on the locked account timeline (both historic and new).
"We are deeply aware of the concerns people in India, particularly women, have about protecting their online profile. Today, we are announcing a new feature which, in one easy step, will give people a lot more control, ensure their privacy and keep them safe and secure online," Ankhi Das, Public Policy Director, Facebook India, said in a statement.
Locking profile enables users to apply multiple existing privacy settings plus several new features to their Facebook profile.
“This new safety feature will give women, especially young girls a chance to express themselves freely,” said Ranjana Kumari, Director, Centre for Social Research.
Here's how to lock your Facebook profile
- Open the application and go to your profile.
- Click on the three-dot option, next to the edit profile option.
- Tap on the lock profile option from the list.
- Now, read who all can see posts, photos and stories and click on lock your profile.
How to start a fundraiser on Facebook
How to download Instagram stories and photos
Here’s how to check if someone has unfollowed you on Instagram
Popular on BI
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes