Facebook users can now lock their profiles from ‘non-friends’ — here's how to do it
Facebook lockfeature allows users in India to lock their profiles from non-friends.
- Once you lock your Facebook profile, non-friends will not be able to zoom into, share or download your full-size profile picture and cover photo.
- The feature is aimed particularly at women.
The ability to lock the profile is especially designed for women who want more control over their Facebook experience.
Once the Facebook profile is locked, non-friends cannot zoom into, share or download the user's full-size profile picture and cover photo as well as non-friends cannot see photos and posts on the locked account timeline (both historic and new).
"We are deeply aware of the concerns people in India, particularly women, have about protecting their online profile. Today, we are announcing a new feature which, in one easy step, will give people a lot more control, ensure their privacy and keep them safe and secure online," Ankhi Das, Public Policy Director, Facebook India, said in a statement.
Locking profile enables users to apply multiple existing privacy settings plus several new features to their Facebook profile.
To enable the feature, a user has to tap 'More' under their name on Facebook profile then select 'Lock Profile' and tap again to confirm.
“This new safety feature will give women, especially young girls a chance to express themselves freely,” said Ranjana Kumari, Director, Centre for Social Research.
How to start a fundraiser on Facebook
How to download Instagram stories and photos
Here’s how to check if someone has unfollowed you on Instagram
Facebook got 49,000 requests for user data from the Indian government in 2019 — that’s the most after US
- Coronavirus patient gives birth in Raigarh district of C'garh
- Spike of 1,359 cases takes Delhi's COVID-19 tally to over 25K; death toll climbs to 650
- As cases cross 25000, Delhi govt says pvt hospitals to be converted into COVID-19 facilities if they fail to reserve 20 pc beds
- C'garh records biggest one-day increase in coronavirus cases
- Two days after caesarean delivery, HP woman tests positive for COVID