How to lock facebook profile step by step
- The Facebook lock feature allows users in India to lock their profiles from non-friends.
- Once you lock your Facebook profile, non-friends will not be able to zoom into, share or download your full-size profile picture and cover photo.
- The feature is aimed particularly at women.
The ability to lock the profile is especially designed for women who want more control over their Facebook experience.
Once the Facebook profile is locked, non-friends cannot zoom into, share or download the user's full-size profile picture and cover photo as well as non-friends cannot see photos and posts on the locked account timeline (both historic and new).
Advertisement"We are deeply aware of the concerns people in India, particularly women, have about protecting their online profile. Today, we are announcing a new feature which, in one easy step, will give people a lot more control, ensure their privacy and keep them safe and secure online," Ankhi Das, Public Policy Director, Facebook India, said in a statement.
Locking profile enables users to apply multiple existing privacy settings plus several new features to their Facebook profile.
To enable the feature, a user has to tap 'More' under their name on Facebook profile then select 'Lock Profile' and tap again to confirm.
“This new safety feature will give women, especially young girls a chance to express themselves freely,” said Ranjana Kumari, Director, Centre for Social Research.
How to start a fundraiser on Facebook
How to download Instagram stories and photos
Here’s how to check if someone has unfollowed you on Instagram
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days