How to lock facebook profile step by step
- The Facebook lock feature allows users in India to lock their profiles from non-friends.
- Once you lock your Facebook profile, non-friends will not be able to zoom into, share or download your full-size profile picture and cover photo.
- The feature is aimed particularly at women.
AdvertisementSocial media giant Facebook launched a new safety feature in India that will allow users, especially women, to lock their profiles from non-friends.
The ability to lock the profile is especially designed for women who want more control over their Facebook experience.
Once the Facebook profile is locked, non-friends cannot zoom into, share or download the user's full-size profile picture and cover photo as well as non-friends cannot see photos and posts on the locked account timeline (both historic and new).
"We are deeply aware of the concerns people in India, particularly women, have about protecting their online profile. Today, we are announcing a new feature which, in one easy step, will give people a lot more control, ensure their privacy and keep them safe and secure online," Ankhi Das, Public Policy Director, Facebook India, said in a statement.
Locking profile enables users to apply multiple existing privacy settings plus several new features to their Facebook profile.
To enable the feature, a user has to tap 'More' under their name on Facebook profile then select 'Lock Profile' and tap again to confirm.
“This new safety feature will give women, especially young girls a chance to express themselves freely,” said Ranjana Kumari, Director, Centre for Social Research.
How to start a fundraiser on Facebook
How to download Instagram stories and photos
Here’s how to check if someone has unfollowed you on Instagram
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Adani Logistics acquires an inland container depot for ₹835 crore
- Talent crunch biggest obstacle to Indian startups’ US expansion, says report
- Domestic mutual funds make a comeback after 3-month decline; assets rise by 10%
- FIFA bans India for third party influence; Women's U17 World Cup not to be held in India
- WeWork co-founder's startup gets valued at $1 billion even before launch