How to transfer Facebook photos and videos to Google Photos
- Facebook has announced that its data transfer tool is now available in India.
- The data transfer tool allows users to transfer their
Facebook photosand videos to Google Photos.
- Facebook is expected to add more platforms that join its Data Transfer Project.
AdvertisementFacebook has announced that its data transfer tool that allows users to transfer their photos and videos on the platform is now available in India. The data transfer tool was first announced in Ireland in December 2019 as part of the company’s Data Transfer Project.
The Facebook data transfer tool allows users to transfer their photos and videos from the platform to Google Photos. A Facebook spokesperson had earlier said that users will be able to soon transfer their photos and videos to other platforms that join its Data Transfer Project.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
- Open Facebook on your computer or the app.
- Click on ‘Settings’ and go to ‘Your Facebook information’.
- Now, click on ‘Transfer a copy of your photos or videos’.
- Then, click on ‘Choose destination’ and click on ‘Google Photos’.
- You can transfer either photos or videos at once. If you wish to transfer both photos and videos, you will have to do it twice.
- Select ‘Photos’ or ‘Videos’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Now, sign into your Google account.
- Facebook will ask permission to ‘Add to your Google Photos library’.
- Click on ‘Allow’ to proceed.
- Now, click on ‘Confirm transfer’.
The transfer will be shown in the ‘Activity’ section as ‘Pending’ until it begins and then it will say ‘in progress’ while the photos are being transferred. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email from Facebook notifying you of the same.
The photos that you have transferred from Facebook to Google Photos will show up as ‘Copy of album name’.
Facebook starts adding labels to 'state-controlled media' and will ban them from running ads in the US ahead of the 2020 election
Amazon reportedly wants Airtel stake for $2 billion — and a partnership like Jio-Facebook and possibly, Google-Vodafone Idea
Facebook just launched a new tool that makes it easier than ever to delete your embarrassing old posts and photos — here's how to use it
How to start a fundraiser on Facebook
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar