Samsung Galaxy A31 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max – Which device should you go for?
- Samsung has launched the Galaxy A31, the company’s latest mid-ranger in India.
- The device competes with the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max in the mid-range segment.
- The Galaxy A31 is available from e-commerce portals and offline retailers across the country.
AdvertisementSamsung has announced its latest mid-range device, the Galaxy A31 as the successor of the Galaxy A30 that was launched last year. The device competes with the likes of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and the Realme 6 Pro.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max was launched in March and is priced starting at ₹16,499 and is available in three variants. In this post, we will compare the new Galaxy A31 with the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max to help you decide which device to go for.
Samsung Galaxy A31 vs Redmi Note 9 Pro Max: Price
|Samsung Galaxy A31||Price||Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max||Price2|
|6GB + 128GB||₹21,999||6GB + 64GB||₹16,499|
|-||-||6GB + 128GB||₹17,999|
|-||-||8GB + 128GB||₹19,999|
The Samsung Galaxy A31 is available from Amazon India, Flipkart, Samsung online store and retail stores across the country in Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush Blue, Prism Crush Red and Prism Crush White color options.
On the other hand, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max will be available on June 10 at 12 noon via Amazon India, Mi online store and Mi Home stores across the country in Interstellar Black, Aurora Blue and Glacier White color options.
Samsung Galaxy A31 vs Redmi Note 9 Pro Max: Specifications
|Device||Samsung Galaxy A31||Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max|
|Resolution||2400 x 1080 pixels||2400 x 1080 pixels|
|Protection||Not known||Corning Gorilla Glass 5|
|Android version||Android 10 with OneUI 2.0||Android 10 with MIUI 11|
|Chipset||MediaTek Helio P65||Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G|
|Rear camera||48MP primary||64MP primary|
|8MP ultra-wide-angle lens||8MP ultra-wide-angle lens|
|5MP maco sensor||5MP maco sensor|
|5MP depth sensor||2MP depth sensor|
|Selfie camera||20MP primary||32MP primary|
Samsung Galaxy A31 vs Redmi Note 9 Pro Max: Display
The Samsung Galaxy A31 features a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display. The device has a U-shaped notch in the center for the selfie camera.
Coming to the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, it features a bigger 6.67-inch Full HD+ LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It sports a center punch-hole that houses the selfie camera.
While the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max features a slightly bigger display, the Galaxy A31 with its Super AMOLED display offers a better viewing experience.
Samsung Galaxy A31 vs Redmi Note 9 Pro Max: Design
Coming to the design, the Samsung Galaxy A31 sports a traditional Samsung design. At the back, the device features a dual tone design with a camera module similar to the Galaxy S20 series.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max on the other hand has a glass back with ‘Aura Balance’ design. It features a rectangular camera module at the back and a punch-hole selfie camera at the front.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max vs Poco X2: Which device should you buy?
Samsung Galaxy M11, Galaxy M01 with up to 5,000mAh battery launched starting at ₹8,999
Mi 10 is Xiaomi’s first high-end phone to launch in India after 2 years — and these are its improved features
Popular on BI
- PM Modi shares image of tailor on the street using Paytm, calls it a common sight across India
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO fully subscribed on the last day
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts