JioPhone Next with 5.5-inch HD display, up to 3GB RAM expected to be priced around ₹3,499
- The JioPhone Next, the affordable 4G smartphone jointly developed by
Reliance Jioand Google is all set to go on sale next month.
- It will run on Android 11 (Go Edition) and offer 4G VoLTE connectivity.
- Ahead of the official release, the specifications and price of the JioPhone Next have leaked.
AdvertisementThe JioPhone Next smartphone is going on sale in India on September 10. The affordable 4G smartphone has been jointly developed by Reliance Jio and Google. Its specifications are yet to be made official by Jio but leaks have already revealed what to expect. This time, the price of the JioPhone Next has been tipped.
The smartphone is estimated to cost around ₹3,499 according to a tipster. If Jio indeed launches the JioPhone Next at this price, it won’t be surprising as the company’s chairman Mukesh Ambani had earlier said that it would be the most affordable smartphone not only in India but globally as well. The smartphone’s specifications were also revealed by the tipster.
The JioPhone Next is expected to feature a 5.5-inch HD display. It is expected to come in two configurations of 2GB RAM + 16GB and 3GB RAM + 32GB. The smartphone is expected to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 215 processor, and it could run Android 11 (Go Edition). It is also expected to feature a 13-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front camera. The smartphone is expected to be powered by a 2,500mAh battery.
The specifications are in line with a previous leak of the JioPhone Next. Apart from this, the JioPhone Next is expected to feature dual SIM support, dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2.
As for the confirmed features of the JioPhone Next, it will come with optimisations for low-light photography. The smartphone will also have an HDR mode, and it will feature India-specific Snapchat lenses integrated into the phone’s camera.
JioPhone Next smartphone specifications revealed ahead of release
Reliance announces JioPhone Next smartphone in partnership with Google – available from September 10
Popular on BI
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India
- Are we worse off than we were in 2008? Foreign investors seem to think so