JioPhone Next with 5.5-inch HD display, up to 3GB RAM expected to be priced around ₹3,499
- The JioPhone Next, the affordable 4G smartphone jointly developed by
Reliance Jioand Google is all set to go on sale next month.
- It will run on Android 11 (Go Edition) and offer 4G VoLTE connectivity.
- Ahead of the official release, the specifications and price of the JioPhone Next have leaked.
AdvertisementThe JioPhone Next smartphone is going on sale in India on September 10. The affordable 4G smartphone has been jointly developed by Reliance Jio and Google. Its specifications are yet to be made official by Jio but leaks have already revealed what to expect. This time, the price of the JioPhone Next has been tipped.
The smartphone is estimated to cost around ₹3,499 according to a tipster. If Jio indeed launches the JioPhone Next at this price, it won’t be surprising as the company’s chairman Mukesh Ambani had earlier said that it would be the most affordable smartphone not only in India but globally as well. The smartphone’s specifications were also revealed by the tipster.
The JioPhone Next is expected to feature a 5.5-inch HD display. It is expected to come in two configurations of 2GB RAM + 16GB and 3GB RAM + 32GB. The smartphone is expected to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 215 processor, and it could run Android 11 (Go Edition). It is also expected to feature a 13-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front camera. The smartphone is expected to be powered by a 2,500mAh battery.
The specifications are in line with a previous leak of the JioPhone Next. Apart from this, the JioPhone Next is expected to feature dual SIM support, dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2.
As for the confirmed features of the JioPhone Next, it will come with optimisations for low-light photography. The smartphone will also have an HDR mode, and it will feature India-specific Snapchat lenses integrated into the phone’s camera.
JioPhone Next smartphone specifications revealed ahead of release
Reliance announces JioPhone Next smartphone in partnership with Google – available from September 10
Popular on BI
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story
- Budget 2023-24: All you need to know about FM’s announcements on personal tax